cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need guidance for installation of SAP R/3 4.6C

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I want to install SAP R/3 4.6C Version & SAP BW 3.1 version on Windows2003 Server. I tried searching for the applicable guides on http://service.sap.com/instguides but got completely confused as there are soo many of them. Not sure which one i should use. Can you please send me the exact link to the installation guides required.

Moreover is the software to install SAP R/3 4.6C Version available on Service.sap.com? please let me know. If yes. please send the link for that too.

Your help is appreciated!

Thanks & Regards,

-Megha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have recently attempted to recover a corrupted 4.6c system by doing a fresh install on Windows 2003, as I thought I may as well make use of the later technology. However I was not able to install successfully, as the installation process stops with error message "operating system not supported". I eventually gave up and installed on Windows 2000.

I would be very interested to know if anyone has successfully installed on 2003 though, as I need to keep a 4.6c system running to support some clients that are still running this version.

Regards, Hubertus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Windows 2003 support was included in the so called extended maintenance CD Set.

For Oracle10 support we provided a kernel CD last year on SMP.

regards

Peter

andreas_herzog
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<b>-> 46C is no longer in standard maintenance</b> (you could order extended maintenance at an extra price...)

-> so: you either order or you will not be able to dl r/3 46C

-> which database system do you plan to use?

-> i'd rather start with sap r/3 47x200 sr1 or sap erp

<b>standard installation procedure:</b>

- get instguide + relevant sapnotes

- check & apply prerequisites

- as for oracle: install database software oracle (using runInstaller) and apply patches

- install central instenace using r3setup and template r3central.r3s

- install database instance usind r3setup and template r3database.r3s

- perform post-installation actions..

GreetZ, AH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Megha,

Please find the link of SAP 4.6c installation guide on WIndows and oracle platform

https://websmp105.sap-ag.de/instguides

Installation and upgrade guide-- SAP Components---SAP R/3 -- Release 4.6C---- R/3 installation on windows NT and oracle

I think 4.6C is not available,

Regards

Subhash