cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Openingperiod MDX function in BPC Netweaver 10.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a PERIODIC model and custom measure called QTD_ENH setup. A certain part of the code is supposed to return the value in the opening period. So if they roll the data up to Q1, it should pull the balance as of January.

([MEASURES].[/CPMB/SDATA],OPENINGPERIOD([%TIME%].[%TIMEBASELEVEL%])).

The problem is that the formula returns nothing.I'm pretty sure this is happening because the openingperiod function is returning Q1 (Based on the level02 hierarchy below) since it's technically the first member. Is there a way I can modify the MDX statement to skip over the Q entries? I have manually changed the statement to pull for January and it's get's the value as expected, the Closingperiod function also works fine which I'm assuming is because Mar is the last member.

Cheers,

Chuck

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Found the problem. For some reason the time dimension got messed up and put the Quarter level data at the same level as the monthly even though it looks fine in RSA1. I copied the environment and then the 2005 Q1 from the hierarchy disappeared when viewing from MDXTEST. The formula works fine now.

Answers (0)