cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do we have DEV QAS PRD in HANA Cloud Platform?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I just have developed an application in HCP trial account but I have a question about in the real HCP instance, will we have DEV and QAS? like SAP ERP or not?

Any advice would be appreciated

Thank you,

Thep.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Thep,

On productive account, you will receive resources that you will be able to operate and distribute between Dev and Productive environments. Here are some more details: SAP HANA Cloud Platform

Best Regards,

Alex

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

GregTutt
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hey Thep,

We are building a new software as a service that connects to SuccessFactors. SuccessFactors has development, test and production and I had the same question than you.

I was advised that we will have our software (which is multi tenant) running on our Production instance will be shared by the 3 systems from SuccessFactors using different tenant.

So in other words, every SuccessFactors will have their own "consumer" HCP account that will subscribe to our Production system. These consumer HC account have different tenants.

Now, it raises the concern of the license as you are paying for a Production HCP account that can be used by 3 systems. To my knowledge, it does not matter if a dev, test or prod system connects to your Prod system, you'll pay for the consumption generated by the 3 of them.

Note that, if you are partner with SAP, you can apply for a partner license for your developments and put your dev and test systems under this license.

Regards

Greg