Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Activating CDS View With Parameters

I am currently developing a new report program and would like to use a parameterized CDS view.  However, I am having some difficulty activating the new view with parameters.

Here are the particulars...

1. Developing on NW 7.4 SP11
  2. Using Eclipse Mars w/ADT 2.51
  3. HANA is our database

I have created the CDS view with two tables and one association, without the parameter for language.  It activates without issue and I can use the Data Preview to view a sample from the view.

If I add a single parameter for language I cannot get the view to activate.  The dialog states is completed successfully, but the icon states that it is not active and I am unable to use the data preview, it short dumps with an error that it cannot find the table.

I am perplexed.  I have met all the requirements for using a CDS view with parameters yet, I cannot seem to make it work.  What am I missing?

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Thank you.

Tags:
Former Member replied

Hi Justin,

is there any useful information in the Activation Log? You can view the activation log in AiE via the menu: Navigate > Open Activation Log. Use CTRL and click on the hyperlink to get further details. Search the activation log for errors using the search functionality. If the search box is not visible at the bottom of the view, activate it in the view's menu bar with the button "Show Search Toolbar".

Kind regards

Chris

1 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question