cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BEx Query View - Variable Defaults

0 Kudos

We are on BW 7.4 on HANA and have recently updated to SP10 (from SP06).  Before updating to SP10, BEx query views with customer-exit variable defaults were properly translated (ie - Current month = NOVEMBER).  However, since the SP update the variable defaults to the previously run value (ie - if I never change the variable value, it will always read NOVEMBER no matter which month we are actually in).  Has anyone experienced this behavior or have a solution to fix it?

The BEx query properly translates the variable.  Behavior only exists on query view (and locally saved workbooks).

Thanks,

Mike

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member366279
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

You may refer to below KBA:

1852783 - Processing of Variables on Refresh

For customer exit variables in "default values" area in Query Designer, if you change the corresponding characteristic to "refresh as designed" in "extended" tab, the customer exit variable will be processed when BEx query views are executed.

Best regards,

Patricia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patricia,

I am trying out the same thing but its not working.

I want my Query view to pop up with the same value returned by the customer exit. The customer exit is on top of the iobj calyear month and i have done the changes as mentioned above in the calmonth year. But still when i open the Query view it doesnt work.

I am on BW 7.4

Regards

Vivek

Answers (0)