cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuration error due to domain mismatch. SAP BO Document Viewer IView

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are getting the following error, while creating the SAP Business Objects Document viewer Iview in Portal.

" Configuration error due to domain mismatch. Please contact your system administrator "

Please help.

All the Systems are on same domain in our environment.

I think we are the only one who got this kind of error - saying this after searching on Google for around 3 hrs+.

Thanks,

Shyam.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shyam, Rolf,

When you create a System before creating the an iview what is the URL you are using for Web Application Server?

This URL should contain contains FQDN of the BI Server:

For Example:

http://<server_name>.product.businessobjects.com:8080/BOE

Regards,

Medha

former_member302828
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Medha,

thank You for your suggestion. Where would I have to check and eventually input the Web Application Server URL?

Regards,

Rolf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rolf,

Go to System Landscape -> System -> open the properties of system that you are using, select all properties -> then select SAP BusinessObjects property from the drop down -> there you can see the Web Application Server URL.

Regards,

Medha

former_member302828
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Medha,

thank you - I just checked this. The Web Application Server is defined as

http://<server_name>:8080/BOE where server_Name is tge FQDN of the BI server.

However, I do not think there is something wrong with the general setup as we are able to publish our Crystal Reports in EP if we proceed according to SAP note 1694773.

We just cannot select documents in the corresponding dialogue but have to key in the CUID manually.

Regards,

Rolf

FJPD
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Rolf,

I had the same error in my Environment, however I fixed it by reassuring that the servers could ping each other with hostname and with FQDN. I had to manually put entries in both hosts files to make the EP machine ping the BI machine with IP, host and fqdn (and vice versa).

Once the machines pinged each other correctly using the fqdn I resolved the issue and no error was shown, the cuids were also populated automatically when clicking a report.

Please check if you have a DNS server that no old entries are conflicting, and if allowed make a test with the hosts files of both Servers, the BI and the EP.

Kind Regards,

Javier Puig

SAP Product Support

example:

on the EP machine / hosts file:

10.208.35.39 boesp07 boesp07.pgdev.sap.corp

on the BI machine / hosts file:

10.208.35.43 EPSERVER2 EPSERVER2.pgdev.sap.corp

former_member205064
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check if there is any time diffrence between NW, BO and AD server.

Are you facing this error for all the users? IF yes then try creating a new Document viewer Iview with FQDN name and test the same workflow.

was this Document viewer Iview working in the past? If it's a newly created one, then there could be some typo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Raunak kumar,

We are getting this error while creating the document viewer Iview.

From portal side we have entered the FQDN of BW and BO systems in the system object.

I dont know where the FQDN's are mentioned on the BW and BO systems. If you can help me, I will check them.

Thanks,

Shyam.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

Please try OSS Note 1672422.

Hope this helps.

P.S. You may have to delete the existing templates before installing the new ones.

former_member205064
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

FQDN name is the Fully qualifiled Domain name of your BO System i.e

http://servername.domain.com:8080/BOE/BI

IF you facing issue with iView Document List

Try creating simple iView for BILaunchapd.

former_member302828
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Shyam,

we implemented SSO between our portal and BO a couple of days ago, and now we face the same problem.

We use BO 4.1 SP5 on a linux Server, our portal is 7.01 SP7. Maybe the issue is related to the linux Installation of BO.

Did you find a solution on this?

Regards,

Rolf

FJPD
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

@Shyam: are the EP server and the BI server on the same domain? Do you have any Firewalls between them? can you ping the FQDN from the BI to the EP server and vice-versa?

e.g.: "ping epserver.domain.com" from the BI server and "ping biserver.domain.com" from the EP server.

@Rolf: Was it working before implementing SSO? If not, fix the EP-BI connection first using the same resolution a Shyam... If it was working before implementing SSO, check your CA has given you a Server certificate with the FQDN correctly (check your certificates / SSO configuration)

If this does not help, please make sure you followed BI4 Integration into the SAP Entreprise Portal 7.0.x - Business Intelligence (BusinessObjects) - SCN.... Also, you could try redeploying the ear files following SAP KBA 1672422 - It's not possible to create an iView using the Business Objects Document List Temp...

Kind Regards,

Javier

former_member302828
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Thanks Javier,

as from your input, I checked the connection by pinging EP from BI and vice versa. I found out that BI could not be reached from EP, an I had this fixed. Now the mutual pings are working, but I still get the same error.

We deployed the ear files at the same time w implemented SSO, so I cannot tell if it had been working before.

What I find kind of puzzling: in SAP note 1694773, there are two videos included. In the second video, they show how to use the SAP BusinessObjects Document Viewer Template. In the video, the same error occurs (after 04:24 of Video runtime).

Regards,

Rolf

FJPD
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Rolf,

I see, you are right I never noticed that. It is strange that even though the error appears, you can still see the documents, select one, it shows the CUID and you can save it, and then it does actually work! It seems the error is not causing any trouble, very weird. I will test on on my systems and see if I get the error.

Kind Regards,

Javier