cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lumira for BI Platform vs Lumira Server for Teams

shane_kelly2
Participant
0 Kudos

We are a small company - and we currently run BI EDGE 4.1 Server.

We recently tried installing LS4BIP - but it won't install on BI EDGE platform - only full BI.   I thought BI EDGE platform and BI Platform were identical other than the licensing limits of BI EDGE - so I'm not sure why this product won't install on our server.    

We also looked at LS4T - but it won't install on any machines - it fails at the end of the installation every time. Plus having LS4T is not a solution - it requires me to run an additional server and maintain user lists outside of CMC - plus there is no single sign on option available for LS4T.   There is also a lot of confusion - because LS4T used to be called Lumira Edge - but it has nothing to do with Edge BI. (even though the product is still sold on the sap store as Lumira Edge and not LS4T)

I've also looked at Lumira cloud - but I'm not comfortable putting my corporate data out in the cloud with only a username and password to protect it.

Lumira is quickly looking like it might not work for us at all if we can't publish our visualizations..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shane

Have a look at KBA 2236323 - Comparison of features in all edditions of SAP Lumira software

That KBA is an attempt to contrast the various Lumira products.

You may als want to visit help.sap.com, and choose Analytics, then Lumira. There is all kinds of documentation there.

Calling sales and discussing your needs with them may also be an idea.

Finally as for the error you are getting when installing Lumira Server for Teams;

What OS are you installing on?

Are you logged in as a local Admin?

Look for the install logs in C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\InstallData\logs. See if you can determine from the logs what the issue is.

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow me on Twitter (#SAPLumira)

Got Enhancement ideas? Use the SAP Idea Place 

shane_kelly2
Participant
0 Kudos

there is nothing in InstallData\logs - is there a separate folder for LS4T?

We have tried installing on Windows 7 and Windows 2008 Server.  And yes - in both cases logged in as admin

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, looking at the SAP Lumira, server for teams  Administration Guide, let's check out all of the following:

1) You have 8 GIG RAM available

2) Local ports like 2638, 6400, 6405, and 6410 are free on Windows system. If the specified ports are not available, then the installer checks for three random four-digit local ports

3) The install logs are here (apologies for the incorrect link above):

C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP Lumira Edge\InstallData\logs

- Ludek

shane_kelly2
Participant
0 Kudos