cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Logon Page

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am working on creating custom (new html) logon page for Portal 7.4 than use the standard sap delivered (Fiori Landscape is our user homepage).

I am following this blog to customize.

I am thinking of writing simple html page than use sap logonPage.jsp, Is it right / advisable approach to customize portal logon page?

Where would i able to find Submit Button Action - Validations and Navigation?

Please help.

Thanks,

Sri

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

saurabh_vakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you have any specific reason(s) for not using the standard portal logon page? You can very well customize this standard page to meet your requirements while ensuring all the required functionalities such as validations, navigation etc. work fine.

Regards,

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Saurabh. Reason for custom logon page is, we did not like Layout and border. Wanted to develop better HTML page instead of standard.

Where does the Buttom/Form related actions exist?

Thanks,

Sri

former_member246153
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can develop a better screen even by using the JSP page itself .  If you don't like the standard layout border and design, you can write you custom design and you can insert your custom CSS inside the logonpage.jsp to meet your requirement. This would be the best approach.

More over if you want to check the actions related to the buttons , then SAP is using their own tag lib for the standard filed and actions. if you drill down the logopage.jsp inside the logon area you can find it. These actions will be handled by the core logon module  tc/sec/ume/logon. You need to explore on how the standard module works and how you can set your HTML as the Logon Page and bind the corresponding actions.

Regards,

Srinivasan V

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

dror_last
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sri,

• In NW 7.3X and 7.4, the Enterprise Portal no longer has its own logon page. Instead it uses the AS Java logon component, so in order to develop a custom logon page you must follow the steps described on SAP Help Developing a Custom Logon Screen.
  • For performing minor changes to the logon page, such as changing branding images, the steps are different and are described at the SAP Help document Configuring the Logon Screen.

Best Regards,

Dror.

LutzR
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sri. I would like to discourage you from writing your own custom JSP logon component. The logon page is sensitive concerning security issues. There were several security notes concerning standard logon page during the last years. After each of these corrections you would have to adapt your own component to keep up with security corrections. I built custom logon components for several systems in the past and today I wish I didn't.

Today I would recommend to build anonymous content / anonymous access to deliver general system and logon information and leave the logon component itself untouched.

If you have JSP development capacity available and if you can react timely on security notes, then go ahead and build your own custom logon component.

Regards,

Lutz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Lutz. I agree with you and do not want to build new one.

Please correct me if i am not doing right.

I am modifying SAP Logonpage (like Changing Image Size, removing borders..etc). Hope this approach is okay? If there any security corrections from SAP, i believe I do not need to modify anything from my side. Please correct me on this.

"Today I would recommend to build anonymous content / anonymous access to deliver general system and logon information and leave the logon component itself untouched." - Can you please explain little bit on this?

Thanks,

Sri

sathish_perumal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sri,

If you are planning to just customize best approach is to use the blog you are following. By Navigation if you mean navigate to a page after logging into portal then it should be handled by your portal desktop but if you want to goto different system itself (like Gateway ) you can use redirect application in Portal (redirect/redirect.jsp) so portal will do SSO with your Gateway.

Thanks

Sathish