cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Modification rule by process order in inspection plan

0 Kudos

Hi All

I have been asked by a client can we do a dynamic modification rule based on a process order in the inspection plan. So currently they release the process order with no batch and then we create a new batch and 04 inspection lot per each Goods receipt after that. There can be up to 10 different batches in the one order. We can't change this way of working as each goods receipt is a different tank and they need to inspect each tank and certify each tank. They are saying that they only need to do a micro test on the first batch of the process order so they are asking is there anyway this can be completed.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member214626
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sinead ,

You need to clarify your requirement. As far as I can understand , you want to test 1st batch then skip next 9 batches and then against test 1.

If so , then create a DMR using 10th stage without Skip , no of inspection = 1 and nxt stage =20

20th stage  with skips , Acceptance = 9 and nxt stage = 10.

0 Kudos

Hi SAP PM

Thanks for your help but this is not exactly what I am looking for

Process Order A = 6000kg of Material A,  = 1 (03) inspection lot no batch and 6 (04) inspection lots for each GR of 1 tonne tank with separate batch in each.

On batch A we test Micro and chemical tests. on the following batches B-F we only want to do chemical tests we want the dynamic modification rule to skip the micro for the rest of these batches as we want the dynamic rule to say test one batch per process order

Order B = 4000kg = 4 batches

Order C = 7000kg. = 7 bathces

So there will never be the same amount of batches as the orders can differentiate on size so we cannot use days or batches like the standard dynamic modification rules.

john_lutz
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sinead,

This is purely untested speculation, but I think it might work. At lease maybe it warrants a review w/ ABAP. Take a look at exit EXIT_SAPLQPAP_001 (Customer Exit After Reading Task List). I bet you could put in some custom logic to look for other inspection lots for a specific process order number, then check to see if they already have the MIC you want to test only once per order. If it is already available, then it looks like you can suppress adding it to the lot via this function - assuming that is what the PLMKB-NO_INSPECTION flag is used for.

Alternately, you could just count the number of non cancelled lots for the order. If the lot being created is the first and only, include the MIC. Otherwise, suppress it.

Good luck,

John

Ayoub_Habchi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sinead,

To solve your issue, you need to consider using Dynamic modification rule at the characteristic level.

This way you can skip only one characteristic for the following inspections related to the same process order;

The only thing here is that you need to reset your quality level after the last inspection lot for a given process order. This step can be done manually or you can manage to make it automated when process order is closed by adding small piece of code.

Regards,

Ayoub.