cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to place .PGP/Encrypted files in SUCCESSFACTORS - FEED FOLDER

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have developed a SAP program,which contains employee payroll data in an encrypted format(with .txt.pgp extension) placed in

application server.

Now our middleware is Web Methods, which is able to read the data from application server.

When Web Methods is trying to place the extracted file in SFTP Folder - FEED/UPLOAD we are facing below errors

Error 1 :Remote FTP Delivery Error:[ISC.00XX.9XXX] Could not connect to ftp server: com.wm.net.ftpCException: [ISC.00XX.9XXX]

Error 2 :Scheduled delivery failed.No more retries

we are Using

Source Server: sftp4.successfactors.com

Port Number: 22

Does successfactors have option to decrypt files? or is  it just a misconception that SuccessFactors only accepts .txt files for upload data?

Can we customize our requirement in successfactors ?

Any guidance/suggestion are much appreciated.

PS: We are not using BIZX.

Cheers,

KR

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

Try the server prodftp4.successfactors.eu

Best regards,

Luke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luke,

Thanks for responding back.

This might be a silly question to ask..

Since my client is using Server : sftp4.successfactors.com - Standard  U.S Data Center - which i believe for all US Customers

But-  prodftp4.successfactors.eu - is this for Europe data center customers or any customer of SuccessFactors can use this?

Cheers,

KR.

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry, it is prodftp4.successfactors.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Luke,

Thanks for responding back.

With out changing SFTP Server: we were able to place PGP files in SFTP FEED Folder.

But connector will only be able to process files with .txt.

Since we are placing .PGP files, can you please let me know how to decrypt those files in SuccessFactors?

Thanks,

KR.

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

What part of SuccessFactors are you trying to upload this data into? Typically CSV file is the format used, so you should consider changing your program to export the file as CSV instead of TXT.

Best regards,

Luke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luke,

I am trying to upload employee data from infotypes(Actions,Personal Data,Address and Date Specifications) for user connector.

We are upload encrypted data into application server (.txt.pgp).

We don't have any issues for encryption,but how should the data be decrypted in SFSF  as connector picks encrypted files from FEED folder ?

Thanks,

KR.

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

SuccessFactors SFTP supports PGP encryption by standard so it should be able to decrypt the file automatically. Is this not happening?

All the best,

Luke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luke,

No it is not happening.

If it has to happen by standard can you please let me know how to enable those settings.

Any kind of passphrase key..etc need to be passed?

What we heard was - Successfactors will charge for providing PGP Decryption key.

Thanks,

KR.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Karthic,

Was your issue resolved? Were you able to get the decryption key from SuccessFactors?

Regards

Syed