Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Industry Key Field in MDG-S Supplier UI

former_member193350
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am having one requirement to populate the industry key field BRSCH in MDG supplier UI under ERP vendor section,this field is not present in standard BP data model but present in GENIL model.

I have gone through the below post in which it mention as "branches have to be maintained as "Industries" on the business partner level. CVI takes care of mapping the default industry of the default industry system to the vendor's BRSCH field. Adding the field to BP_VENGEN is neither supported nor recommended."

BRSCH Industry Key issue in MDG-S | SCN

Not sure whether I need to enhance the BP_VENGEN entity with a custom attribute?

I have tried to follow that and gave industry system field under BP_INDSTR (Industry section UIBB) but still I am not getting the Industry key value in LFA1 under BRSCH field.

Could anyone please help of how can I make the industry key field populated in backend from UI.

Any useful pointers will be appreciated.

Regards

Prateek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

henk_verdaasdonk4
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

I would not use BP_VENGEN with an additional attribute. Because in that case industry is not populated on the BP and you get all kind of side effects. Which you can solve, but with a lot of effort.

To check if the problem is between MDG and BP (UI / SMT mappings) or BP and Vendor (CVI) could you check if in your case the industry code is populated on the BP (check with transaction BP ).

If the first case a lot could be wrong in the second case you should check the Industry code customizing. Which standard industry system is used. Use transaction SPRO and search for "Industry Systems".

Next you need to maintain the mapping between the BP industry codes and Vendor industry codes.

Use again transaction SPRO and search for "Settings for Vendor Integration" then go to Field assignement --> Assign Attributes --> Assign Industries. Define at least the outgoing mappping.

Cheers,

Henk

former_member193350
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Henk,

Thanks for the response.

I checked for the business partner in BP t-code industry code is coming as per below:-

you should check the Industry code customizing. Which standard industry system is used. Use transaction SPRO and search for "Industry Systems".

I checked the industry system is maintained as "0001 Standard Industry System".

Next you need to maintain the mapping between the BP industry codes and Vendor industry codes.

Use again transaction SPRO and search for "Settings for Vendor Integration" then go to Field assignement --> Assign Attributes --> Assign Industries. Define at least the outgoing mappping.

There are no entries in this, so by justl creating the entries here solve this issue and do we need to map both outgoing and inbound mapping or only outbound is fine or is there any other thing I need to check/perform.

Also, as per the requirement we have some specific industry keys(BRSCH) values which we want to get save in backend, so my question is will in this case user needs to select industry and that corresponding value of brsch will be saved?

Regards

Prateek

former_member193350
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Any inputs please.

Regards

Prateek

henk_verdaasdonk4
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

Normally you only need to maintain the outbound. Inbound is only needed if you also are going to change the values on vendor directly (XK02) or by iDoc. So the CVI needs to synchronize from vendor to BP.

I don't understand your last question. Do you mean you have values which you can't select currently on the request? In that case you need to add them to the Industry systems and maintain the outbound mapping.

Cheers,

Henk.

former_member188878
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Prateek,

you can assing the standard industry values in SPRO the below  path Business Partner->Organizations->Maintain Industry Systems and Industries

former_member193350
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Henk and Shankar,

Thanks for the response.

Actually, we are having custom Industry keys value (BRSCH) which we want to link to a supplier in LFA1, so do we need to enter the industries in Industry UIBB ?

Also, one question in the supplier UI we are having industries UIBB as a list where we can enter multiple Industries but in LFA1. how can it be sure we can have only one BRSCH value and if yes then which one?

Regards

Prateek

henk_verdaasdonk4
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

Yes you need to enter it in the industry UIBB.

In the industry UIBB 1 industry key is marked as default. The first 1 entered gets automatically marked. But you can change if you enter a second 1. But in your case it does not make sense to enter more then 1.

The default one is linked to LFA1-BRSCH.

Cheers,

Henk.

former_member193350
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Henk,

Thank you, it works fine.

Regards

Prateek Agarwal

Answers (0)