Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple tabs information in a single tab - Personas 2.0

deiamolina
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all.

(Personas 2.0)

I'm trying to merge more than one tab information in a single tab and the information does not display right.

To be able to see the information from a "external" tab I need to click on the tab, click back on the tab I dragged the info into and the information displays.

In this case, I clicked on Org Data and back to Delivery/Invoice

Then I click in the other "external" tab and the iformation shows up but the previous "external" tab data disappear.

In the following print screen example, I clicked on Status, back to Delivery/Invoice and the status info is there but the Org. Data dissapeared

Is that a way to bring all data when clicking on Delivery/Invoice tab?

Script will not work since it comes just one tab info per time. Also, I tried refreshing the info using per and it did not work as well..

Thanks

Andréa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

chinthan_yajamaan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andrea,

It is not recommended to cache more than 2-3 tabs from performance point of view, because tab caching sends one request per cached tab to server to prefetch the information on flavor load or every screen refresh.

Now coming to the disappearing fields issue, please check if your transaction requires screen and control id overwrite entries as mentioned here:

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/Img/Personas+2.0+Tips+and+Tricks+-+Screen+and+Control+Id+overwr...

If yes, check in note#1999747 if it already exists, else log a message to get new entries.

Thanks

Chinthan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sivaganesh_krishnan
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you try to cache all the tabs which you are working with first, before changing anything ????

deiamolina
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, Actually I did otherwise the information would not show at all on the merged tab.

Anyways, follow the print screen - maybe I forgot something:

It seems like it just load one information per time.

sivaganesh_krishnan
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are right, it happens sometime for me too. If its a create tcode you must fill the required fields first and then only you can see all the fields in a single tab.

If its just a display tcode you are working upon,then try caching only the required tabs and hide others. drag the elements outside of the tab strip.Dragging all the elements outside of the tab helped me solve the issue.

If that too didn't work for you, there is a unorthodox way in which you can write a script with the user action of going through all the tabstrips, and specifying the script inside onCreateHandler. By running the script on page load will help to view all the fields in a single tab.

Regards,

Sivaganesh

deiamolina
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sivaganesh.

Even if I create the script only one information will be shown per time.

Thanks

Andréa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andréa,

the two tabs 'Org.Data' and 'Status' are not marked 'Cacheable'. This way the tabs will not be cached.

Regards

Björn