Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug or feature......<grins>

former_member182550
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the ABAP Editor SE80,  select a block of text using ALT+drag.  You are not selecting complete lines,  but a block consisting of partial lines:

Then start typing the new text to replace the text you have highlighted.  Observe what happens......

Now - based upon what you see what would you expect the backspace key to do ??

Is this a bug or a feature ?????

Regards

Rich

6 REPLIES 6

former_member182466
Contributor
0 Kudos

It's a feature.

0 Kudos

Hi Gerrit....

Did you run through my example or did you just direct me to the feature link ??  I know you can select blocks like this it's a standard windows feature.  It's what happens afterwards that made me chuckle....

Rich

0 Kudos

I am aware of the behavior you describe, it's awesome, and I think works as intended. If you have your code alligned, this is an easy way of replacing for instance a table name on the right hand side of an assignment for a whole bunch of assignments.

0 Kudos

You're missing the bug....

When you're in the multi-line edit mode, if you hit backspace you drop back to single line editing. So I guess don't make any mistakes in multi-line mode.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Haha I'd call that a bug. Good find!

I find myself copying and pasting code in to Sublime when I want to do any kind of multi line editing.

christian102094
Participant
0 Kudos

It's a bug (If you compare it with the editor Sublime Text)