Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto population of search results

former_member202771
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am new to CRM, I have a requirement where in user should be able to see the searched objects without clicking on to search button on web ui transaction. I tried to search on web. But no helpful results found.

How do we achieve this ?

Thanks and Regards,

Anil Supraj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

Call EH_ONSEARCH() method of your components impl class in the WD_CREATE_CONTEXT method of your component's impl class.

For eg. for complaints, the search component is BT120S_CPL.

Thanks,

Ritu

stephenjohannes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well you will need to rewrite your search component to use a UI5 island, along with implementing your CRM system on HANA.  That's going to be the only way to get a true look-ahead search where you don't have to hit search and get instant result back ala typing keywords via google.

There might be a solution via on standard anydb sytem, but it will be slow.

Take care,

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil

You'll need to explain this a bit more, I doubt the majority of the community can quite follow what you're wanting to achieve.

Could you include some screen shots which highlight the area you're trying to have influence over.

Regards

Arden

former_member202771
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arden,

Sorry for not being clear earlier. In below screenshot A, I need to see search results created by me, to be auto populated even before I click on SEARCH button. This should happen as soon as I enter this transaction type.

Thanks,

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil

The easiest way to do this is use the Save Search option. It's standard functionality and requires no coding.

Anything else and you'll need to use a component enhancement.

Regards

Arden