BOM is in use cannot make changes : production order
Hi Experts ,
When we transfer a production order to SAP ME I am getting the following error - “BOM is in use and cannot make changes”.
We are using the same BOM (No changes ) for each production order . However when the previous production order is released to shop floor in SAP ME with this BOM ,the next subsequent production order is getting the above error . Then I have to go the SAP ME BOM Maintenance and uncheck the current version and do a “RETRY” in SAP MII for the successful transfer .
As per the document ,
SAP ME defaults the first BOM to version A and increments an additional integer value for subsequent updates. For example: A-01, A-02. A new BOM version is created when you change the following in SAP ERP:
- Material numbers of ERP BOM item
- Subitems quantity of the ERP BOM item
- Quantity of ERP BOM item
- ERP BOM status - Status is changed to releasable from NEW in SAP ME
- Quantity of ERP BOM header
My Question is :
1. Is it correct if the BOM is in use ,we cannot use it for new production order ? if yes is there any set-up where MII can automatically update that to a new version instead of manually updating it in SAP MII
2 . If I makes changes in the production order xml the status to “releasable” .will it then take the same BOM and the version .
Set the ignore bom updates system rule to true