Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM is in use cannot make changes : production order

IntegrationCPI
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts ,

When we transfer a  production order to SAP ME I am getting the following error  - “BOM is in use and cannot make changes”.

We are using the same BOM (No changes ) for each  production order . However when the previous production order is released to shop floor in SAP ME  with this BOM ,the next subsequent production order is getting the above error . Then I have to go the SAP ME BOM Maintenance and uncheck the current version and do a “RETRY”  in SAP MII for the successful transfer .

As per the document ,

SAP ME defaults the first BOM to version A and increments an additional integer value for subsequent updates. For example: A-01, A-02. A new BOM version is created when you change the following in SAP ERP:

• Material numbers of ERP BOM item
  • Subitems quantity of the ERP BOM item
  • Quantity of ERP BOM item
  • ERP BOM status    -    Status is changed to releasable from NEW  in SAP ME
  • Quantity of ERP BOM header

My Question is :

1. Is it correct if the BOM is in use ,we cannot use it for new production order ?  if yes is there any set-up where  MII can automatically update that to a new version instead of manually updating it in SAP MII

2 . If I makes changes in the  production order xml the status to “releasable” .will it then take the same BOM and the version .

Thanks,

Kishore

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

williamson
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

HI

Set the ignore bom updates system rule to true

Thanks

Steve

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

IntegrationCPI
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Steven .The issue resolved after setting it to true . Sergiy - I am using the following version Base 15.0.3.15 Counter 201508271638 Thanks, Kishore K V

0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

If you try my scenario in 15.0.3.15 but obtain a different result, please submit a support ticket for fixing the issue.

Regards,

Sergiy

IntegrationCPI
Participant
0 Kudos

Small correction : Status is by default releasable when the new  production order is imported to SAP ME .

0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

I've just quickly tested the scenario below in 6.1.4.49:

1. Import an ERP shop order.

2. Release the order.

3. Update <ShopOrder> tag (chnage the ID of the order) in the WS request of the previous order import and send the WS request to ME (via soapUI).

4. Actual result: the new order is created with the same BOM which is in use at step #2.

So, if there has been no change to the BOM, the new order should take the existing BOM, no matter were it released or not.

Thus it is either a different scenario or a bug on your version of SAP ME.

Regards,

Sergiy