cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Added custom images to custom theme not displayed

0 Kudos

Hi fellas,

I've used Theme designer (NW7.4 IDES) to create a custom theme based on corbu. I also wanted to modify some icons like the toggle images of a panel and a link. In the preview all modifications are working like a charm. However when I choose 'save' or 'save and build' only the color modifications are being stored and displayed correctly. The images are neither displayed in the preview nor when starting the app with sap-theme parameter.

As a cross check I downloaded the custom theme from THEME_TOOL to check whether the images are stored in the theme zip. In fact the images are there in the folders. For example:  \UR\baseLib\<theme_name>\img\togglelink\collapse.png

Yet, I can't open these images, it seems they are corrupt, despite the fact they have the same size as the originals. (I didn't do byte comparison)

Again: In preview the uploaded images are displayed, I tried in different formats, including jpeg, tiff, gif and png

when resetting the properties to the original images, it works again. As soon as I upload an image and 'save' the images are not displayed anymore.

Help...

best regards

Stefan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jamie_cawley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Did you invalidate the cache?

Invalidating the Server Cache - UI Theme Designer - SAP Library

Regards,

Jamie

SAP - Technology RIG

0 Kudos

Hi Jamie,

yes I did several times, sorry I didn't mention it.

That was the main reason why I downloaded the theme again to check whether there are any images. However I assume cache has little impact on the Theme designer, where the missing images occur in the first place.

I dug deeper, the image is uploaded into the theme, when using F12 and checking on the source of the image at runtime I can even locate it on the server but must say that it is corrupt. Firefox even told me that it is corrupt. When downloading it, it has different size (?!) - same symptom when I download the theme.

I uploaded the file with IE and FF both result in the same problem, I also checked other custom themes, same problem, Image is accepted at preview but lost when choosing to 'save'. Is there a problem when the image is compressed to the zip file of the theme...

I'm lost

best regards

Stefan

jamie_cawley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Did you check the notes, specifically 2159897?

Also, the master note for the theme designer is 1852401 and you can find more information at

Regards,

Jamie

SAP - Technology RIG