Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropdown change displayed selection value

severin_thelen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I have a strange issue and maybe someone of you could help me.

In one of my dashboard views I have a chart with a timeline and a dropdown with a start month.

So the user can set a start month in the dropdown. Next step, the select event set the variable in the (bex) data source to the selected value. This works fine.

Additional Information: To make sure the user can go back to the old value, dropdown an timeline use different queries (otherwise the variable would restrict my dropdown values, too).

The issue is, that after the variable set the displays value is wrong.

For example:

User select the 01.2015 from the dropdown menu. So the diagram restrict the values (because of the variable) to an interval from 01.2015 to current month. (Until here, everything is fine.) But then the dropdown switch the value to the first value of the dropdown list (without calling select event).

Has someone an idea how to display the correct selected value in the drop down or how to stop the second selection switch?

Regards

Severin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

severin_thelen
Contributor
0 Kudos

I have solved the issue. The issue occurs because of data binding. So I have removed the data binding and moved the item assignment into the script (DD.setItem).

Because of this, the DD will not refresh every time I change a variable and the selection works.

In addition: In this case of implementation, the DD.setSelectedValue() method works, too.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Severin,

For your reference, 2193693 - Limitations of the Design Studio Property Binding Feature

Best regards,

Alfred

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Severin - would you please share which version of Design Studio and which SP you are using; it would also be helpful to the community if you could share screen shots using the camera icon

severin_thelen
Contributor
0 Kudos

We using Design Studio 1.5 SP1 Patch1.

Timeline has no restriction. User chose a dropdown entry.

This entry overwrite the bex variable for star month.

After applying the new variable, the drop down menu value is reset to the first list entry. (This happens immediately after loading screen)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to set the value of the dropdown like:

DROPDOWN_1.setSelectedValue(g_calmonth);

Regards,

Jean-Guillaume

severin_thelen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Unfortunately this does not work -.- . So I have tried the following code, without positive result.

1. var selectedValue= DD_TIMEFROM.getSelectedValue();
  2. DS_1.setVariableValue("variableName", selectedValue);
  3. DD_TIMEFROM.setSelectedValue(selectedValue);

So the issue by this script is, that the 3. line command do not wait until command 2 is finished. Therefore the variable change apparently reset the value of the dropdown list after the dropdown value is set.

Regards

Severin