cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring Forecasting operator IBP 5, advanced feature missing in excel add-in

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have configured the Forecasting Operator (IBFORECASTING) for my planning area. Request your guidance on the following points:

1. Where do I configure the alpha, beta, gamma values (in IBP 4.0, it was available in Forecasting parameters)

2. How do I enable the operator? When I login to the excel add-in , I do not find the forecasting operator in the control bar (or the other operators) I have configured. How do I run it through excel (its not available under advanced features either).

Thank you ,

Alok Joshi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hello Alok,

1. In IBP 5.0, Alpha, Beta and Gamma values are maintained directly in your forecast model definition. They are part of the forecast algorithm parameters.

2. To run the forecast operator in Excel, make sure that Autorization Object IBP_OPERTR is maintained correctly. This object is assigned to SAP_IBP_PLANNER_APP back-end role provided by SAP. Take a look at the security guide for more info.

Hope that helps!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Philippe,

Thank you for your reply.  Request you to kindly guide me w.r.t settings to be done - do I make changes to the value intervals?

I've attached a screenshot of the authorization object settings under SAP_IBP_PLANNER_APP role.

Best Regards,

Alok Joshi

0 Kudos

Alok,

First, I suggest you to avoid making change on the original SAP_IBP_PLANNER_APP role. Create a new one (Z_IBP_PLANNER_APP) by copying the original and apply your modifications on it. Like this, you will keep a trace on the original configuration.

Once this is done, apply your change to the Authorization Object values. The * does not seem to be working, you will have to list operators one by one or to define interval(s).

Don't forget to assign the new role to concerned user(s).

The Statistical Forecast Operator should now be visible in your IBP ribbon.

Hope that helps!

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alok/ Irmi,

Thanks for your response. The issue got resolved after assigning the planning operator to my PA.

regards,

Diwakar

Irmi_Kuntze
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Great to hear that

Can you please close the post than?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Irmi,

I am not the initiator of this thread, there I am not sure if I can close it.

I also do not see the options of 'correct answer' etc.

If there is an alternative way, please let me know and I will be happy to close this.

regards,

Diwakar

Irmi_Kuntze
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

and dont forget to assign the forecast parameter to the planning area

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alok,

Were you able to resolve this issue?

I am also facing similar issue i.e. Forecasting Operator is not being shown in Excel (IBP 5.0). Any pointers would be really helpful.

thanks,

Diwakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diwakar,

It is a problem with user profiles and roles assigned. Check if your user id has the SAP_IBP_PLANNER_APP role assigned to it. That should be added. Also check if the following authorizations are set for this role.