cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP portal upgrade 7.0 to 7.4- Manual content transport

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a old portal 7.0 and a new portal in versión 7.4. Now I need transport all portal content (roles, iviews, workset, themes..., KM content) , users, groups, etc.. to this new portal.

Are there any restriction in to realize this manual content transport?

what can be the key points to consider?

Thanks and best regards

Mónica

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thank for your help.

I created the .epa with all portal content (workset, iviews, porta roles..) and I imported in the new portal 7.4 also I exported the ume groups and i imported in the new system , the users only are in the ldap and the ldap is connect.

My question is how can I assign the portal roles to groups ?? If I import the portal roles in new portal the system say that this roles exists

Please could you help me?

Thanks and bests regards

Mónica

vijay_kumar49
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is it portal roles is assigned to groups in 7.0 ?

if Yes, why should assigned roles to group in 7.4 portal.  whenever you export/import portal objcects  .epa file from the 7.0 to 7.4. it should be assigned automatically.

did you understand what i said...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

sorry but one thing is the portal content where you only have the role definition and its realions with workset, iviews, etc

and another thing the assignments,  for this you need import the list with roles from identity management source.

My problema is that when I import this list the, I dont see these assignments. any idea where is the problema?

Regards

Mónica

vijay_kumar49
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry,i miss understand

1. through epa file we will moved to portal objects(iView,Page,WorkSet,Roles &SSO...etc...)

Groups:

1. Copy the exported data to a text file.

2. Go to User Administration -> Import/Export and choose "User Data Import"

3. Upload the text file you created at step 1.

vijay_kumar49
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check this document. it should be useful Transporting KM Files and Folders and Create and Export Transport Package (.epa file)

Kindly let me know if you need any more information.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It depends on the exact kind of PCD content you need to transport. Depending on this, you could have new iView properties on 7.4, which needs to be filled and logically dont have any values on your 7.0. So, these objects can be transported (EPA), but will get default values on affected fields. In that case you will need some manual work afterwards.

However, this and other questions for release changes, migration etc. of EP should be cleared within the scope of appropriate concept document, which I highly recommend you to create

cheers