cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TMS after system copy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am copying our DEV ECC5 on Basis 640 system to another sever to keep it as a development server to fix urgent problems on our production system while we apply support packs to the DEV & QA system.

I have installed EEC5 as the same SID as the development system on a different server and restored the DB in ok, the system loads fine and looks ok. The DEV system is our domain controller for TMS, I want to Isolate this new system, but it is a domain controller after the copy, if I delete the TMS config, it will go back to the proper DEV system and delete it, so I do not want to do that, I have changed parameters DIR_TRANS and DIR_EPS_ROOT to point to the new isolated server, what else do I need to change to leave the original DEV TMS ok, but isolate this new copy of DEV?

We are on ECC5 on Windows 2003/SQL 2000.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Mohammed, I have already set the higher transport value (90,000 above real DEV) through SQL, OSS Note 12799 refers to this, always nice to have a SAP note stating it to cover your back if any problems !!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Looks like table E070L stores the last used transport number, I found an OSS note 12799, which supports changing this table entry, SAP use the DB recovery to an old backup scenario, but this seems to fit with what we are doing, I will just use a number way of the way , 90,000 ahead of current number should do it !!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Sorry for the delay in responding. After the refresh you need to adapt highest number of transport request in table E070L as part of post refresh activities

SE16 > E070L > Display Entries > in OK Code window enter /h > doubleclick entry > Return (F7) > in Code doubleclick on “ if code = 'SHOW'” and replace in the below area SHOW with EDIT and select the EDIT button on the right side > continue debugger with “continue” (F8) until end. Now you can enter the new number(the highest number in E070L table ) ! > Save

**Reward points accordingly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi mohammed,

This trick to modify E070L table works.

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Misae Takagi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohammed

SE06 worked well thanks, old landcsape TMS has now been deleted and I have created a new TMS Domain on the copy of the test system.

I built the test system from an install of ECC 5 and restore of our current DEV system, then patched the real DEV & QA systems with the latest Support Stacks, we want to use this new test copy of our DEV system as regression system, as we our currently on a european rollout, we are using the new test system for any major fixes that are encountered on production, as our real DEV and QA are on a higher SP Stack level than Production, we cannot transport through DEV/QA/PRD, so we want to make changes in test DER same SP Stack as PRD, then import any fixes into PRD.

As the new test DEV is the same SID as the proper DEV system from the copy, how do we handle new transport requests, as a new transport number will be generated on the Test system, this could clash with one created on the actual DEV system? I was going to add any transports created to the TMS buffer of our production queue them import, does any know if transport numbers can be changed in the data/cofiles directories so I can make the name unique and not clash and subsequent transports created on our DEV system?

Thanks.

former_member190272
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

SE06 and click Database copy and create domain controller.

Thanks

Pankaj Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Before you set up the STMS go to SE06 and Configure the Correction and Transport System (CTS) with the option “Database copy or migration”. Answer the question “Do you want to reinstall the CTS?” with Yes. Select the source system of the database copy.

Answer the question “Change originals from Source system SID to Target system SID?” with NO.

Answer the questions “Delete TMS configuration?” and “Delete old version of transport routes?” with YES.

Now the configuration on the Target system is deleted and you can create STMS specifying your domain controller and trasnport routes and groups

• Reward with points if useful

Message was edited by:

muhammed junaid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Junaid,

Thats a useful information for us. Can u enlighten me morwe of the procedure of system copy as promised earlier

Sri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sure Raghu