cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

InfoPackage LogicalSystem change at transport

0 Kudos

Hi BW-Guys,

we have a normal 3-Tier BW System landscape. I create my Info Package in the DEV-System and Transport them to QAS and PROD. I Setup the "Conversion of Logical System Names" correctly because the mapping works fine for all other source-system dependent objects like e.g. transformations. But when transporting infopackages to QAS and PROD it does not do the mapping and keeps the original logical source system.

As a result the info package doesn't appear anywhere as it is not correctly linked to any source System. I normally change the source System directly in table RSLDPIO. After that it works fine.

Does anybody knows this behaviour and has an idea how to fix it?

Thanks an Regards

Frank

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your effort but I found the solution by my own. I should read SAP Notes more carefully ...

It is a Bug and already mentioned in a SAP Note: 1965709 - Transport InfoPackage overwrites executable version, warning RSAR485 in transport log

After changing the table the Transport works well and my InfoPackages look perfekt.

Frank

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It can be done multiple way. Few I am listing down.

* RSA1->TOOLS->Conversion of logical system names ( ctrl + F12). Maintain the source system in source and Target

* Via STMS by the basis team. There is option to specify the logical system.

* Via BDLS. Normally used after system copy.

hope this helps!!

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hi Jugal,

for me it seems that everything is maintained correctly in "Conversion of logical system names" - it it just ignored during the transport of info packages (only). I did this kind of cusomizing several times before but on this system it just doesn't work.

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

Just a question, is 7.0 unchecked in "Conversion of Logical System Names"?

BR

Ondrej

0 Kudos

Hi Ondrej,

yes, it is unchecked.

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

There was this note - 1644090 - P28:SDL:InfoPackage:After import does not find source system, but I don't know if it is relevant.

BR

Ondrej

0 Kudos

You have been very Close, it was note1965709 - Transport InfoPackage overwrites executable version, warning RSAR485 in transport log

Thanks for your Help!

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

Once you done source system mappings at dev system, have you tried to load data to psa?

please check source system connectivity.

At Dev system try below points.

1. Replicate your data source from dev source system to dev bw and activate it.

2. Later move your Dev source system data source to Qua/Prod source system.

3. Replicate data source to BW Qua/prod respectively.

4. Move data source from bw dev to bw qua/prod.

5. Once your data source was active then transport info pack to bw qua/prod.

Move rest of the data flow objects in sequence.

Please check/change logical mappings at table RSLOGSYSMAP at BW/Source.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hi Raman,

my problem is not the field mapping but the conversion of the Logical System when I move an Infopackage from DEV to QAS (and PROD).

Frank

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi frank,

field mapping??  what does that mean?

Once you change source system details at source side, same way need to change at bw side as well.

Have you done those changes?

at bw side, above info pack which source system name showing at RSA1?

Normally conversion of logical mappings can do at table RSLOGSYSMAP.

Or From RSA1-->source system, Menu Tools--> here you may find Conversion of logical system names and assignment of source system id to source system id.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hi Raman,

data sources aren't my problem. They work quite fine.

You are right with RSLOGSYSMAP, but in my case it is maintained correctly. But only for infopackages it is ignored.

My infopackages in BW from DEV System appear in QAS still with the source System of the DEV System.
Frank

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

at QAS system still source as dev source name.

That's why i suggested to re follow the above steps and transport it.

while doing import ask basis team to select overwrite the originals.

By doing above, logical mappings might be corrected.

Lets try those and lets us know the results.

Thanks

karthik_vasudevan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Frank

From your points, all settings are good and all other objects except infopackages are moved correctly. Table entries like RSLOGSYSMAP are maintained properly.

I would like to request to do a sample data load by triggering the infopackage. did you try that? If so, is the data getting extracted from dev source system or quality source system?

Logically, if your datasource is pointed to quality source system, your infopackage should also fetch data from quality.

Could you please check this and let us know

Also could you please transport the infopackage along with your datasource once to see if any changes are there.

Regards

Karthik