Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create RFC Connection In abap System for FTP server

former_member274353
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Team ,

I want to create RFC  connection beetween FTP server and ABAP sysem we are using ERP 6.0 with EHP7 please advise and help me what is the steps for create rfc connection beetween sap and ftp srver

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

KenKuo
Explorer
0 Kudos

please reference note 2072995

manumohandas82
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep ,

Please check whether you can  ftp from your ERP server to the FTP server using the same username and password .

The FTP communications ports between the ERP and FTP server might not be opened / there might be  some firewall b/wn

Thanks ,

Manu

former_member274353
Participant
0 Kudos

HI ,

I have checked (1675911) these error resolved .

But i am confused how to use FTP server like i want to copy file from ftp to SAP and sap to FTP

How it will be used . attached DOC file screen shot

former_member274353
Participant
0 Kudos

HI ,

I have checked : scn.sap.com/message/16336993

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sandeep,

What is your confusion ?

I see you are using destination SAPFTP. If you want to do SAP <=> FTP then use destination SAPFTPA. SAPFTP is used if you want from/to transfer from the frontend.

KR,

Amerjit

former_member274353
Participant
0 Kudos

HI ,

I want to save Idoc data from sap to FTP server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

Could you please try and explain what is confusing you ?

The SAPFTPA destination is what you need to use if you want to send from SAP server side to ftp server.

KR,

Amerjit

former_member274353
Participant
0 Kudos

HI ,

I have configured Idoc so i want to save idoc data FTP instead of Local

former_member274353
Participant
0 Kudos

HI ,

Exsuly I want my Idoc data to ftp server .

nitindeshpande
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sandeep,

You have SAP PI system as middle-ware to do this?

Regards,

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sandeep,

As far as I know you cannot output IDOCs directly to a ftp destination. As Nitin has mentioned PI may be able to handle this.

Depending on your source/target operating systems there are alternative ways whereby you could have your flatfile IDOC being transferred (scripts / NFS etc .....)

KR,

Amerjit

former_member274353
Participant
0 Kudos

HI ,

We are using ERP 6.0 ECC with EHP 7 windows operating system and sybase database .

It means I can not transfer Idoc xml file directly to FTP server .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sandeep,.

You should be working with your server support team to get this user created in FTP server so that you should be able to access the required path.

Thanks regards,

Avinash I

former_member274353
Participant
0 Kudos

HI ,

But same user name and password able to access vai file zila or internet explorer attached screen shot . could you please tell apart of that any configuration have to configure in sap abap system  like put ip address user name and password

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sandeep,

Please refer to the following link:

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/ABAP/The+SAPFTP+Library+-+FTP+Programming+in+ABAP

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Anita

former_member274353
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Anita ,

Thanks For reply i have already check that but showing error while test RFC connection Via RSFTP002