cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to define BOM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts

what is the procedure to define BOM for a ring that is devided to some segments? How to define their unit of measure?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

dineshcbe
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Header Material : Segment 1 : Base Qty as 1 nos.

Item 0010 : Ring : Qty 1 nos

Item 0020 : Segment 2 : Qty as -1 or 1- nos.

Item 0030 : Segment 3 : Qty as -1 or 1- nos.

By do so, you are consuming ring and converting it to different segments. Like Dis-assmbling.

If suits mark as CORRECT and close the post. If not get back.

Thanks With Regards,

Dinesh V.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dinesh

Thanks for reply, can you please explain more.

We want to use these segments in different stages of our product,

I'm confused by the unit of measure that can i define for the head (segment that is 1/16 ring) and unit of component ( ring that is a complete circle )

excuse me for bad writing

Thank you very much

B.R

dineshcbe
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pls share me the following details.

1.     Ring (Main Part) : Assumed Based Qty as 1 XXX (fill UOM here).

2.     Do you have same material no. for each segment or different (e.g., Segment = 16 nos or          Segment 1 = 1 nos, Segment 2 = 1 kgs etc.,

3.     What is actually means to say with head (segment that is 1/16 ring) ?

4.     What problem you have with UOM ? Pls explain early with BOM e.g.,

Thanks With Regards,

Dinesh V.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a main part with a material number and a child with other material number,

want to create a BOM by child part as a head and main part as component, the both unit of measure is each, actually there is a ring that is devide to 16 segments that these segments have the same material number and applied in different positions of product (Turbine).

if we set the segment as header the quantity of ring that used in it is equal to 1/16 ring, this is the problem i can't define this quantity and use it in production processes...

I hope this information be usefull,

Best regards

dineshcbe
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

If i understood ur case clear means, this is my suggestion:

In CS01 :

Header : Turbine - Base Qty 1 nos.

Item : 0010 - Segment - 16 nos.

Since you are talking about position use Sub-item as follows:

1.     Select the item 0010 and

2.     Choose Sub-item option in the screen. On the following screen describe you part location and qty.

NOTE: Sub-item is for information purpose only total of qty which you enter in sub-item screen will over-write ur item qty in CS01

If it is useful, MARK as HELP-FULL. If not get-back.

Thanks With Regards,

Dinesh V.

dineshcbe
Active Participant
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I decided to put that answer as Helpful Answer because i haven't get the exact answer and need to get more answers to help me,

it would be appreciated if you will respect my opinion.

Thank you very much

Best Regards

dineshcbe
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Fine, Whats you comment on sub-item as per my last post. Will it suit ur goal.

Thanks with Regards,

Dinesh V.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Dinesh

we find it as a correct answer

Best Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

but there are some questions?

1- for which materials (16 segments and a ring) we must create the inspection lot for guality inspection after production?

2- what's the procedure if in quality inspection some segments be rejected? another ring must be ordered from warehouse, what can we do with the excess segments that is produced in this way?

these are a part of our concerns,

thank you

B.R

dineshcbe
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

1.     I General output materials'll have should under go QC plans. In your case Ring is consumable and Segments are the yield. So inspection lot is to be maintained for segments (DUMP-RULE).

2.     If materials segments are rejected for e.g., out-off 16 segements 2 where rejected during inspection then u'll have a short-fall by 2 nos.

To Replace Reject Component do as follow:

SOLUTION 1:

Unplanned Goods Issue:-

With this type of withdrawal, it is determined during the production process that an additional material or an additional quantity of a component already withdrawn is required for an order. This withdrawal is unplanned because there is no reservation to be referenced. You enter this withdrawal as a goods issue without reference.

Entering Goods Issue Without Reference (Unplanned Goods Issue): -

Entering a goods receipt without referencing a document involves the following steps:

1. MIGO - Goods Issue > Others (Here use movement type "261")

2. Enter all details like; material, qty, plant, storage location, etc... IN YOUR CASE THIS IS RING.

3. In "Account Assignment" Tab enter "Production Order No"

Note: - If U select Goods Issue > Order and enter Order No and system defaults the materials and qty then its planned.

SOLUTION 2:

Production Order Without Material (CO07):

Here in settlement rule define you PREVIOUS PRODUCTION ORDER.

BOM add manually as i explained for main Prod Order.

The rest normal.

Expecting you feedback.

Thanks With Regards,

Dinesh Kumar V.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've created 3 materials and a BOM as seen in this image

I've created and released the production order,

I've received this error message when trying to perform a good receipt by migo,

I want to test if materials with serial numbers transfered, but when perfoming good receipt it didn't ask another segment's serial number.

any suggession would be very appreciated.

Thanks and Best Regards,

dineshcbe
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you maintained serial no. related setting in MM02 for all Segments & Materials for which you need serial nos. I hope in Work Scheduling View.

Thanks With Regards,

Dinesh V.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dinesh

Yes i maintained serial number profile in MM02 for Segments, for these Segments that are produced by a production order is important to have serial no.

Actually i wanted to test if the segments in components could be receive in warehouse to consume?

any suggestion...

Thank you very much

dineshcbe
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I understood as that you have following two issues :

1.     You can't able to Assign Serial No. for By-Product (Segment with negative sign in BOM). 2.     Error message in MIGO.

Problem 1:

By-Product Posting is made during consumption only with movement type 531, that is during confirmation process. Bcz of that only you can't find that item line in your GR MIGO screen.

Check your confirmation screen on Goods Movement tab.

Also check MMBE for Segment-comp. and note for stock change/increase.

Problem 2:

If problem 1 is cleared, then use MB31 and mov. 101 for Production GR instead of using MIGO.

Pls get-back.

Thanks With Regards,

Dinesh V.

Answers (0)