Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Find Button functionality in ALV output dialog screen!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have searched in SCN and didn't find appropriate solution for the below requirement. If anyone has appropriate solution for the below requirement, please post the same here.

I have a requirement for implementing Custom FIND button functionality on a dialog screen along with scroll functionality.

Requirement in detail:

1) Initially i trigger find button on screen 9000.

2) 9001 screen opens with search term as input field

3) After providing the search term and pressing enter action/OK button(on screen 9001), i have point the cursor to the search term on 9000 screen.

4) On 9000 screen only 15 entries will be displayed. If the search term is at 50th position, then ALV output has to be scrolled and cursor has to point the search term in the output.

Please provide any valuable information regarding this requirement.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Harinath N

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi NH,

You have this search functionality in standard ALV itself right, is there any specific reason to have custom search?

Regards,

Surendra Gupta.

0 Kudos

Hi Surendra,

User requirement was to add automatic checkbox selection and coloring of the search field when it if found. As checkbox selection and coloring is not part of standard, i have opted for custom development, which inturn includes custom find functionality.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Harinath N

0 Kudos

Hi NH,

Ok, its clear now.  you can give a try to call function module ' ALV_POPUP_TO_SEARCH2' on clicking your custom button then write the logic what you want like coloring....etc. 

Regards,

Surendra Gupta.

0 Kudos

Hi NH,

Any news, if the issue resolved please close the thread with comments.