cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports V8.5 - access to modify content

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I have access to a crystal report template version 8.5 which I would like to open and modify the template content.  Given this version of crystal reports software is somewhat obsolete, the report template is used to support a critical application which we still require for at least the next two years.  How do I obtain access to a version of crystal reports that will allow me to edit and modify the content of this template and save it back to version 8.5?   Note that the software that uses this crystal reports template will not use older saved in versions older than version 8.5.  What other options do I have?  Thanks in advance for any assistance. 

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Guy,

Reports created in the latests version of Crystal Reports will NOT work with CR 8.5.

You'll need to continue editing the report using CR 8.5, unfortunately.

-Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhilash, thanks for the quick response.  I guess that's my current dilemma.   What options do I have to obtain/purchase CR 8.5?   It doesn't appear to be available...legally anyway.  But that's just my initial evaluation following a search today.  What operating system can it work with?

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't think CR 8.5 can be purchased anymore however, please see if sales are willing to assist: 866-681-3435.

Here's the Worldwide Office Locations | SAP contact.

-Abhilash

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You could also look on eBay for a copy of it.

-Dell

Answers (0)