Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple input messages in the wsdl

harish_babu5
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I am working in SAP PO 7.4, single stack. I have got an FS. It is a webservice to CRM straight scenario.

The end user goes to the webpage and it will have some fields. He will fill them and click submit button and it has to reach CRM through SAP PI

The thing is in the FS there are many input messages from different websites. Around 15 input messages are there. Shuld they be done as 15 seperate interfaces or clubbing the input messages for same webservice

the urls of the different webpages are like this

www.abc.com/sales.aspx

www.abc.com/inquiry.aspx

www.abc.com/parts.aspx

www.abc.com/engineering.aspx

these are all from the same url

then I have different urls

www.xyz.com/inquiry.aspx

www.def.com/difference.aspx

Like these I have fifteen input messages. Each of these have different fiels with some field common

What is the best design for this interface?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Haish,

I think all depends in the number of the common fields. You can provide a wsdl which paramerters could the type of call sales, inquiry and son on, then with these parameters you can filter the output. If you are talking about the same the same receiver endpoint, the same proxy or RFC, it is not a good idea to have 15 interfaces, however if you will have different proxies or RFC you should do 15 interfaces but all in the same Software Component because you are dealing with the same.

functionality.

Summing up, take into account the functionality and if you will have different endpoints or not.

Regards.

harish_babu5
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Inaki

The data may be different sent from different we pages but we are updating the same table in the ECC. So I am thinking of going for REST

I don't have REST adapter in PO. Should I get thrid party adapter ?

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

I don't have REST adapter in PO. Should I get thrid party adapter ?

You can get the standard adapter in the versions 7.31 SP14 / 7.4 SP09.

AFAIK, if you are in these versions or upper and you can't see it, you would need to import the basis SWC for your PI SP version.

Regards.

maheswarareddykonda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

there is third party adapter for REST (Advantco REST adapter for Netweaver SAP PI) but not sure this is free source.

anyway SAP is providing REST adapter from as Inaki said 7.3 SP14/7.4 SP09

if you want SAP one and want upgrade ..you get latest version 7.3 SP16/7.4 SP11

also i heard SAP releasing new SP which has corrected code for Rest adapter too this November...please check.

harish_babu5
Participant
0 Kudos

My version is 7.4 SP 08. how should I get it?

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

If  i was you i will read the part relative a SAP Process Integration in this link What's New in SAP NetWeaver 7.4 (Release Notes) - SAP Library

Later i would write a document to your basis team explaining the benefits to upgrade your system, not only the Rest, you will have more benefits but you can explain for your new scenario the necessity to upgrade the system and to have the new adapter. The another alternative explained by Maheswarareddy is to purchase a third-party adapter, that it is not a good alternative because SAP has delivered a standard module for this.

Regards.

harish_babu5
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Inaki

I woould rather go for the upgrade option.

I guess I have to only upgrade to SP09 from SP08 to get REST adapter. There are few interfaces that have gone live in the PO production server. So I will have to upgrade both DEV and PROD too.

How much time will take for the upgrade from SP08 to SP09? I have to take care of the time as there are many critical interfaces running in production

Harish

maheswarareddykonda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

you were thinking upgrade option anyway,I would suggest upgrade instead SP09 , please get SP11, the reason i am saying REST point of view---

1. using SP09 Rest adapter , that ignoring the variable which are very important while you frame URL . for your reference below is the thread which i had raised long back

2.HTTP headers are supports in SP10 not in SP09

3.There is Poll MP available  especially for sender side in SP11

4.if you have a time you can check with SAP too, when exactly that latest version coming , i got confirmation long back , they are planing to release by this november , which they were fixed many bugs and corrected code for REST adapter too.

Coming to you query

How much time will take for the upgrade from SP08 to SP09? I have to take care of the time as there are many critical interfaces running in production

first you suppose to do apply ugradation for DEV server ,this need to be take care by BASIS team , wont take much time , i guess they have to download latest SP from Market place and then apply to your server.

and make sure once they done , you should do readiness checks for Dev server and do all existed interface testing whether they working fine or not.

once u assure that DEV is fine , you can upgrade Prod too whenever other than business ours.

harish_babu5
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

Thanks a lot for the answers.

I am using AS2 adapter both sender and receiver side with security. If I use SP upgrade, will it interfere with any of the existing interfaces?

I was wondering whether this SP upgrade will mess up with any of the other interfaces.

Have you faced any issue with any interface after patch upgrade

Regards

Harish

maheswarareddykonda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

you no need to worry about that, even i had to upgrade my server twice from 7.4 SP02 to SP09

and again done upgrade from SP09 to SP10 with 3 months difference due to point i explained previous reply.

and i never worked on AS2 scenarios , though we have sucessfactor scenarios  with security and we  never seen any issues related to upgrade.

anyway as i said you should do one round of testing for each interface which is there existed in server.

and make while you do readiness check , i would say that better take screen shots before upgrade and after upgrade , so that you can compare both (especially you could see few red alerts before upgrade also , so that after upgrade when you see those again you felt those are already in red..no worry's. )

harish_babu5
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh

BASIS guys are saying that as standard process they can upgrade to SP 12. So will it also not serve the purpose of SP11?

Mine is single stack. So shouldn't I tell that to confirm that?

Support Package Stack 02 - What's New in SAP NetWeaver 7.4 (Release Notes) - SAP Library

In SP 12 of PO 7.4, I see upgrades of ABAP stack. So wonder it serves the purpose

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

harish_babu5
Participant
0 Kudos

Can I use REST  here? Would it give more advantages compared to the normal SOAP adapter? I am on single stack PO

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

The rest adapter is a good idea, because one of the Rest architecture is to construct URLs dynamically. Check the examples Configuring the Sender REST Adapter - Advanced Adapter Engine - SAP Library are close to your scenario.

Regards.

maheswarareddykonda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

extension to Inaki's,

to just make sure you able to connect Webservices with REST adapter , you please check first in POSTMAN TOOL or SOAP UI Tool

in case that server supposrts and get response in tool..i would say REST is best Approach.

this may useful

POSTMAN TOOL: this one you can get from Postman - Chrome Web Store

SOAP UI Tool:this one common for all, though while using go for new REST Project Option..this is available latest versions.

harish_babu5
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Inaki

Doest REST support fifteen mappings? I have fifteen input messages and different output messages. So f I use fifteen mappings in one interface would it be possible?

You suggested about REST architecture using multiple urls

maheswarareddykonda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Harish,

even though you have multiple resources(sales,inquiry,parts....), i guess WS team will trigger at a time one resource.

so my suggestion is better go for different scenarios and provide them different URL's

also  in case they are planing to trigger at a time more than one resource then you better create all structure's in same node(create different structures as subnodes) and create single scenario and then provide that one URL to them.