Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fiori Configuration file

Murali_Shanmu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to turn off personalization using the new method of Configuration file. I am trying th upload the configuration JSON file into the BSP as mentioned in the SAP Help (Uploading a Launchpad Configuration File to the BSP Repository)

I have placed the JSON file in the below path following the notes from the below link

Security Aspects for Launchpad Configuration Files - SAP NetWeaver User Interface Services - SAP Lib...

I am unable to get the personalization switched off using the below URL

http://<host:port>/sap/bc/ui5_ui5/ui2/ushell/shells/abap/Fiorilaunchpad.html?sap-ushell-config-url=cfg/myConfig.json&sap-client=010&sap-language=EN

Thanks,

Murali

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

If you look in the browser developer tools can you see it calling you configuration file? I seem to recall there were also some notes that fixed some issues like this where the file was being ignored, so check OSS too 🙂

Hth,

Simon

Murali_Shanmu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

Yes, its calling the config file. I just upgraded SAP_UI to 740 SP14 which has SAPUI5 1.28.15. It doesn't even work with "cfg/sap/PersonalizationOff.json". I will check for any notes and update this thread.

Thanks,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

Did you manage to get this working?  I tried with my own configuration file and with cfg/sap/PersonalizationOff.json.  I can see it calling the config file without error.

F12 Trace:

Opening request GET cfg/sap/PersonalizationOff.json -  

Sending request GET cfg/sap/PersonalizationOff.json - 

Sent request to URL cfg/sap/PersonalizationOff.json -  sap.ui2.srvc

I'm running SAP_UI SP13 and SAPUI5 1.28.6

I raised an OSS ticket and posted on the forum but not getting any response

Thanks in advance

Amanda

Murali_Shanmu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amanda,

I got it to work eventually. I do recall there was a typo on the format which is mentioned in the SAP Help. It should be fixed by now.

Below is my setting.

I have appended the URL with &sap-ushell-config-url=cfg/sap/myConfig.json

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

Thanks for coming back to me..

I know SAP guide example is missingi.e.  "sap-ushell-config-url" : "cfg/sap/AWConfig.json",

Below is my settings:

F12 shows its picking up the configuration file

Opening request GET cfg/sap/AWConfig.json -  

Sending request GET cfg/sap/AWConfig.json - 

Sent request to URL cfg/sap/AWConfig.json -  sap.ui2.srvc

Still I can't get it to work.. any other ideas?  Does my FioriLaunchpad.html look right to you?

Thanks in advance

Amanda

Murali_Shanmu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It looks right. Not sure where the problem could be.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

This issue was due to SAP program error.

Issue fixed in SAP Note 2178376

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2178376

Thanks

Amanda

former_member182874
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

Please use this URL to turn off the personalization.

/sap/bc/ui5_ui5/ui2/ushell/shells/abap/FioriLaunchpad.html?sap-client=200&sap-ushell-config-url=cfg/sap/PersonalizationOff.json

Regards,

Tejas

Murali_Shanmu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Tejas. I am aware of PersonalizationOff.json file. I am actually trying to get my config file being picked by the launchpad. I am testing all the parameters supplied in my config file.