cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inbox email search with no routing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a question on Agent Inbox email search - using ERMS email processing.

For the scenario, where we have an incoming email triggerring the creation of a service request automatically, is there is way to search for the original incoming email? There is no routing or agent assignment to any org. unit done in this case. The incoming email is used to trigger the action to create the service request. How to search for such emails in Agent Inbox?

Kindly let me know if anyone has an idea.

Thanks,

Mohit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohit,

Yes, you can search such emails in Agent Inbox. If the ERMS is set up properly, then you need to configure the email profile and inbox profile properly. You can refer to the Step 9 of 1846041 for details. If the emails are still not visible in Agent Inbox, please also check the other steps in this note.

Regards

Abby

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Abby.

I know this note. But my question is more towards the step 10 mentioned in the note.

It states the agent should be assigned to the org. unit to which the emails are being routed. But in my case, emails are not routed to any org. unit. They act as a trigger to create service requests.

All I want to know is, how can I search those incoming emails in Agent Inbox? I checked the search logic. It is picking workitems using the users or org. unit. In my case there is none.

In short, if I have to configure standard agent inbox to search for incoming emails, is org. unit assignment and routing a must step?

Regards,

Mohit

bruce_li
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohit,

I think there are 3 choices for you.

1. If you know the searvice requese ID, then the quickest way is you search

for service requests first in inbox and then check the linkage for email.

2. If you know the description of Email, you can search by search criteria "Description"

in inbox.

3. Or you can customize to assign all incoming emails which are triggerring the creation of a service request to some org. unit. Then you can search the email by org. unit in inbox.

To enable this. You need to do following steps:

3-1. Assigning the incomming E-mail address to relevant Service Manager Profiles.

You can refer to step 4.3 Assigning Service Manager Profiles in following wiki link:            http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/x/Jw2EFQ.

3-2. define the relevant Service Manager Profiles

You can refer to the screenshot under "step 3 Ensure that agents are identified either by"

in KBA  1850076.http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1850076

Here you maintain your rule policy and DEF_ROUTING.

Note: DEF_ROUTING needs to be defined in the service manager profile (Transaction    CRMC_ERMS_SM_PROF) as safety net to ensure that the E-Mail is routed to an organizational unit    in case no org. units could be found because of evaluation of rules defined in the rule modeler

3-3. logon by IC_MANAGER role, and defind your rule policy. You can set action to route emails

to your expected org. unit.

You can refer to following step 4.7.1 to 4.7.5 and 4.7.6 in following wiki link:          http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/x/Jw2EFQ .

4.7.1              Creating Rule Policies

4.7.5              Creating Actions

3-4. make sure, the agent you logged on IC WebUI by is ssigned to the organizational unit to which      the mails has been routed in the org model

3-5. This note 1375170 offerred the possibility to select Emails by org. unit.

You need to implement the BEFORE_SEARCH method of BAdi CRM_IC_INBOX_BADI. Please read note 1375170 thoroughly, you can also find an attached coding example in this note 1375170.http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1375170

3-6. after above, you can search the relevant emails by org. unit. you can find all emails which

triggerred to create the service request.

Hope above information helps.

Best Regards,

Bruce

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Bruce.

Option1: Yes it will work but I am looking to search for emails directly.

Option2: doesn't work. The search for emails using any search attribute doesn't work.

Option3: Hmm...yes this is something that can tried but I wanted to avoid that routing config. I thought there is a simple way to just search for incoming emails. Pure standard, no customizing.

Seems like without the default routing to a default org. unit and corresponding agent assignment, it is not possible to search for emails.

Regards,

Mohit

Sigrid
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Mohit,

The system needs some information which agents are allowed to search and process the E-Mails. If you do not want to add a routing rule in your rule policy,

• add the agents in transaction CRM_ERMS_WF_CUST - Assign Agent for E-Mail Handling -> Assign Agents
  • or define property DEF_ROUTING for your service manager profile for Service ID RE_RULE_EXEC

Best Regards,
Sigrid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohit

The Email should be attached to the created Service Request by default.

Regards

Arden

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arden,

Yes, that is true. But I wish to search for the emails and not Service Requests.

So I wanted to know if there is no routing defined for the email itself, is it possible to search for it using Inbox? We can always search for service requests and check the linkage for email. But using Inbox there is a provision to search for email object as well (INT).

Regards,

Mohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohit

Yes, it is standard functionality to search Emails in the Agent Inbox

Refer to SAP CRM Best Practice Guide C78. This should have all of the steps you require for configuring.

Also checkout the 882653 - Agent Inbox Faq

Regards

Arden