cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fiori Siz and Impl

siva123
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi everyone, i have some basic questions in regards to Fiori Sizing and implementation. it will be of great help if someone can throw some light Our landscape : ECC 6 EHP 7 with SQL as DB. we are planning to implement Fiori Transactional apps (as it does not require HANA DB). i understand that we need to have ABAP system with some fiori specific add-ons in both Front and back end systems. So going to build Netweaver 7.5 (released last month) assuming it will have enerything required for fiori. but before doing that, i need to get the Sizing recommendation but i have few queries in regards to the sizing: - whats the difference between "SAP FIORI" under "SAP Business Suite" and "Fiori Front end Server" under "SAP Netweaver" - There are elements given in the "Standard Sizing Fiori Manager Apps" such as APPROV-ALL, AP-PUR-CON,.etc., and  under"Standard Sizing Fiori Employee Apps"!1 whats the difference? on the implementation part, i just got to know that there are a bundle of apps delivered for ERP system which will support our existing landscape. but not sure how to find how many apps are available with this bundle and what are they. http://help.sap.com/saphelp_fiorierpx2_100/helpdata/en/bf/1f8b52722d7454e10000000a44176d/frameset.ht... please advise thanks, Shi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182874
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
siva123
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Tejas for the response. I already saw a similar document before.

It will be great if you can let me know the difference between "SAP FIORI" under "SAP Business Suite" and "Fiori Front end Server" under "SAP Netweaver"

also, I was looking at http://global12.sap.com/campaigns/benchmark/index.epx for SAP Standard Application Benchmarks and could see 2 tier and 3 tier results but the DELL hardware vendor is given only in 2 tier results. but we are going to have application and DB on different hosts which means it is a 3 tier architecture. in that case, how can we compare our Sizing results with the 2 tier benchmark results!! confusing !! thanks, Shiv

former_member182874
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Shiv

I feel you are getting confused between Embedded deployment and hub deployment

Embedded : Fiori is installed on your backend system only (Gateway and ERP is in same system)

Central hub : Fiori is installed in frontend system (Gateway) Here Backend is different and Frontend is nothing but Gateway.

Embedded Versus Hub Deployment - SAP NetWeaver Gateway Master Guide - SAP Library

Regards,

Tejas

siva123
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tejas,

do you mean to say that the Fiori under "netweaver" is for Hub deployment and the Fiori under "business suite" is for Embedded deployment?

if that is the case, how will I able to estimate the load of a backend system when I have Hub deployment? more importantly, manager apps and the employee apps are listed only in the fiori given under "Business Suite" these apps based estimate is not available for the "fiori as front end" given under "Netweaver"!!

also, there is Gateway given under "Netweaver". Thhis mean, I should use both "fiori as front end" and "Gateway" both separately and estimate the load?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shi,

First let me explain the process difference between deployment methods.

Central Hub : - When you have more than one backend system(like ECC, SRM or CRM) you can have a seperate gateway system and install all the FIORI components in gateway system as a front end system. Establish a RFC connection between those systems and access data from relevant backend system.

Embedded :- When your organization/client has no long term plans for more than one back-end server, this will be the better option. You can install gateway components in the same server. Same server will act as both front-end and back-end system.

And you will be able to implement any of the application in both the deployment methods. It may vary only from the EHP version and DB used. Deployment options has nothing to do with application limitations.

Please find the below screen shot for basic server details required to have FIORI. I have provided only for Gateway system. Please get in touch with BASIS consultant for back-end system requirement(it depends on business as well).

regards,

Sabarinathan C

siva123
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sabarinathan ,

Thanks for the explanation. But still my main question remains unanswered.  I am a basis guy and I can better understand the basic architecture and the deployment methods but what I am trying to understand is how to size the FIori for our landscape!!

consider, if I choose embedded deployment with the existing ECC with a number of 9 Transactional apps which "fiori" I should select form the quicker sizer? is it under "business suite" or is it under " netweaver"

what if I decide to chose Hub method? should I choose both "fiori" under Business suite and "netweaver"  ? also there is a separate "Gateway" available under "netweaver" . Should I include this solution aswell??!!

may I know where did you get the above basic configuration for FIori from?

Thanks.

gill367
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shi;

SAP Fiori under the main node SAP Business Suite gives you the sizing required for backend system. So App level calculations here are for the backend system.

For front server use fiori front end server sizing present under SAP NetWeaver node.

The gateway option under SAP NetWeaver node was for earlier fversion of quick sizer.

So for embedded approach, size using both sap business suite -> fiori (application level) and SAP Fiori under NetWeaver node.

and for hub approach, use only the node SAP Fiori under NetWeaver node for front end.

this could be helpful.

https://websmp102.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/012002523100012595652014E/Fiori_FES_Sizing.pdf

Regards,

Sarbjeet Singh

siva123
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sarbjeet ,

Thank you so much!! this is the kind of response I was waiting to see!! can you do me one more favour please?

below is the input and the output I have got for the sizing I have done for "fiori front end" there are lot of things for which it gives different SAPS and Memory. should I add everything and consider that as a final recommendation form SAP quick sizer?

Thanks