cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

create tenant from backup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

I use CCC to create tenant with backup file. But it has this error message.

Description

Cannot
open backup device '\\SQL3\Share\Company Template\PCCW_201201151513.bak'.
Operating system error 5(Access is denied.).

Code

China SAP support said '

If this problem still exists when putting backup file in the template repository,
you should check the privilege of SAPServiceB1C.

You should check if the user of SAPServiceB1C have the read and execute privilege
on the repository of the machine SQL3. Please ask the administrator of cloud to
help if don't know how to do.
'

I ask him to give me the steps or screen capture,  but he didn't give me. So that I don't understand what he say.

Can anyone give me information?

Regards

Edmund

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

is it no any idea about this issue?

Regards

Edmund

Former Member
0 Kudos

Edmund,

We have the same issue.   We ended up creating a new database repository under the Public folders to test the issue and it worked.  Not sure of what the issue is with the old location as it is setup the same way as our other two SQL servers.

Good luck.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Greg

I have create a new folder called backup under share folder in server with SQL server.

and then register it and create a new tenant and find the backup file.

but it still show

Cannot open backup device '\\SQL3\Share\backup\PCCW_201201151513.bak'.

Operating system error 5(Access is denied.).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Edmund,

Did you share the Public folder?    My path in the CCC looks like this.   \\servername\Users\Public\DB Templates.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Greg

the problem may be solved by setting the service account (network service) with write permission. then I can restore the database which is backup from cloud's sql server.

Regards

Edmund

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

SachinBG
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi

To resolve the issue follow the below steps:

`1) Create the Company Template REpository storage as "\\servername\\CompanyTemplateRepository" (Case Sensitive and no sub folders)

2) Put the backup file either sql .bak or hana tar file in the main folder

3) Provide the permission for the CompanyTemplateRepository folder by right clicking -- Properties--Sharing--Advance Sharing, check the Share This Folder and click on permissions and provide Full Control to Every one, please note if the folder is already shared just do the same to enable permission for the newly added files.

Then restore the DB through the CCC