cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HANA Views not visible in Composite Provider

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I face a strange issue with the consumption of HANA Views in CompositeProvider. Currently I can select only BW InfoProviders, whereas all the HANA Views are not available.

I am wondering if something is missing from the BW modeling tools installation or is any other setting which has not been done. Has anyone else faced the same issue?

Best regards,

Giorgos

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

chandan_praharaj
Contributor
0 Kudos

http://scn.sap.com/community/bw-hana/blog/2014/11/12/integration-of-hana-view-and-bw-master-data-usi...

Hi ,

I think you are not connected to HANA system. So none of HANA schema you can see. Kindly go thru the above link, which will help you do so.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandan,

thx a lot for your reply. I checked the link you mention but there is no specific reference for adding a HANA system. I mean my BW project is created on top of a  BW on HANA system, so I would expect that the HANA Views are also available.

Is there any other setting which should be probably done?

former_member71289
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Giorgos,

please find the missing step in the following guide on page 4/5:

SAP First Guidance - Composite Provider

Best regards, Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

thx a lot for your correct reply once again.

However I dont see this option while I am creating my BW project, I just connect to the application server via the SAP Log existing connection and thats it. Is it an authorization issue?

I mean I have added the HANA system under my systems but I am not sure what it is being meant with the statement:"Make sure that a database user has been assigned to the SAP HANA system."

Could you please help me on that?

former_member71289
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Giorgos,

creating the BW project is a four step procedure - the third and fourth step are optional.

1) System Connection -> This is where you can e.g. choose your BW system by the SAP Logon pa, option 'Select connection from SAP Logon'

2) Logon to System -> Here you enter the client number, user password

3) Project Name -> Here you can enter a project name for your new project. This step is optional.

On this screen make sure to click 'Next' and not 'Finish'. This will bring you to the screen 'SAP HANA System'

4) SAP HANA System: Activate Check box "Attach SAP HANA system" and you can select your system from the approporiate HANA systems

If you cannot see an entry for your HANA system in the fourth step, despite the fact that you have added the HDB of your corresponding BW system in the HANA studio, please check the following SAP note: 2054930.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes it worked. I have overseen the fourth step. I was clicking on Finish at the 3rd step

Thx a lot once again!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Giorgos,

Please refer to the SCN thread: http://scn.sap.com/message/16178328#16178328

Hope this will help you.

BR,

Nikhil.