cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picking up the attachment from the Mail...

vikas_agarwal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi to All,

I am trying one scenario in which i want to pick the Mail from mail server which contains an attachment in XML format and i want to Access this Attachment (i dont have to do anything with the main Body of mail) and want to put the Data of the attachment in RFC.

Can body please help me.

Its very urgent.

Thanks

Regards

Vikas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Unfortunately, you do not have access to the attachment in mapping.

One way to do this is to develop an adapter user-module. In the user-module, you do have access to the attachment. You can copy the content of the attachment to the payload in the user-module. Then, you will be able to map the payload to the RFC in XI.

Regards,

Bill

vikas_agarwal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi William,

I have used the Michael Blog to convert the attachment as the main Payload, now can u please help me to put this attachment in the RFC.

Thanks

Regards

Vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To put the payload into the RFC, you will have to have an element in the RFC to contain the attachment.

If the attachment is in XML format, then you can encode the XML to BASE64, then decoded back in the RFC.

Regards,

Bill

vikas_agarwal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi William,

Can u send me any scenario, which i can refer to put the attachment in RFC.

Thanks

Regards

Vikas

vikas_agarwal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

my attachment looks like this way:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>

- <Opportunity>

<ClosingDate>Mar 7, 2007</ClosingDate>

<Description>Sensor Beam Description CG</Description>

<Revenue>18,000,000</Revenue>

<CurrPurchase>Long Term Positioning</CurrPurchase>

<Probability>025</Probability>

<SoldTo />

</Opportunity>

Now i want to put this information in RFC.

Please give me any suggestion, if possible with any example.

Thanks

Regards

Vikas

Message was edited by:

Vikas Agarwal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi -

So you've done the part where you've used the PayloadSwapBean to convert the attachment to the main payload, correct?

Then, all you need is a message mapping from the source (which was the XML attachment) to the target RFC XML format. I assume you have already imported the relevant RFC metadata as an imported object.

Regards,

Jin

vikas_agarwal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jin,

So we have created the message mapping between the attachment and the RFC, Do we have to create the interface mapping also????

Thanks

Vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas -

<i>>>>So we have created the message mapping between the attachment and the RFC, Do we have to create the interface mapping also????</i>

Yes. Mappings themselves cannot be referred to directly within the Int. Directory configuration (i.e. Interface Determination). They always have to referred to within the context of an Interface Mapping.

Regards,

Jin

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member201264
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi vikas,

u can use the following links to develop ur scenario.

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/08/18/triggering-e-mails-to-shared-folders-of-sap-is-u - Triggering Email from folder

/people/prasad.ulagappan2/blog/2005/06/07/mail-adapter-scenarios-150-sap-exchange-infrastructure - Mail Adaptor options , mail attatchment

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/6d967fbc-0a01-0010-4fb4-91c6d38c...

/people/prasad.ulagappan2/blog/2005/06/07/mail-adapter-scenarios-150-sap-exchange-infrastructure

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/11/23/xi-html-e-mails-from-the-receiver-mail-adapter

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/1685 [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

regards

sreeni

Former Member
0 Kudos