cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purging Webi document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

I'm relatively new to the world of RESTful Web Services and need help in writing a piece of code that will purge all the data providers of a web intelligence document in BI 4.1.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

-CF

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

daniel_paulsen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

A call to:

GET   /raylight/v1/documents/<docId>/dataproviders

will return a list of dataproviders in the document.  Loop through these and apply:

PUT  /raylight/v1/documents/<docId>/dataproviders/<dpId>?purge=true

Dan

former_member197386
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

is it ok Chris ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anthony,

Sorry for the delayed response. I have unfortunately still not been able to formulate a running code. I am trying to initiate the HTTP method call through a java program and pass the XML code through the request body however I haven't been able to get the coding working yet.

Regards,

-CF

former_member197386
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Do you know we provide some Java samples to explain how to use REST API from Java code?

Regards,

Anthony

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anthony,

I didn't know that. Where can I find those samples?

Regards

-CF

former_member197386
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Samples are available here :

C:\Program Files\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\Samples\webi\RaylightRESTWS_Samples.zip

Anthony

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anthony,

My client installation folder is unfortunately missing the webi sub folder which should contain the zip file.

Is this zip file available on the SAP portal?

Regards,

-CF

daniel_paulsen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Unfortunately they are not on the portal and do not get installed by default.  If you go to "Programs and Features" in the control panel and select the Client Tools install, you can modify the install and select the samples to install them.

I made a short video showing how to install the samples which is available here:

https://mdocs.sap.com/mcm/public/v1/open?shr=97cFU_yGU31DU0Cp3f8_2z1ZYMaDjC_cDNAsNI96SMw

former_member197386
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks very much Dan, did you write a small post to indicate this tutorial video exists?

I think that would be great for many users!

Best regards,

Anthony

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Dan

Answers (0)