Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profit Centers Distribution- ByDesign

jaime_dominguez
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi gurus

A customer is not using Cost Centers in his Organizational Management definition.

They have costs counted in departments/Profit centers that need to be distributed to others manually or by distribution rules if possible.

I know the functionality for Cost Centers but the system doesn't allow it for Profit Centers. So...

How can I make distributions between Profit Centers in SAP ByDesign??

Many thanks

Best regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

lokesh2
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Jaime,

The only possiblity here is to post manual JEV's.

But this process can be automated since our manual JEV is PDI write enabled.

Hence in PDI you can build a small rule BO and develop a run which basically reads the rule, gets the balances from the source Profit Center based on Key Date and then calculates and posts JEV's to perform the distribution.

Please let me knnow if you have further questions on this.

Thanks

Lokesh Sharma

jaime_dominguez
Participant
0 Kudos

Many thanks Lokesh

Best regards

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

thomas_meder
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Jaime,

I think you can use existing functionality for that. Just flag the profit centers they have as a cost center as well. Then, use overhead distribution rules to spread the costs from one cost center to the other. Of course, we are talking about cost centers here, but the journal entry created will derive a prefit center and segment as well.

The same applies to overhead allocation rules.

Best regards,

Thomas

jaime_dominguez
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Thomas.

But the costs have just been counted in Profit Centers, and it's no possible to edit all the organizational structure, because this customer doesn't work with cost centers management in the scope.

Best Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not clearly understanding your requirements, but there is a functionality called Profit Derivation settings in the System, you can just explore it may help you to get some solutions.

Thanks

Vinay

lokesh2
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Jaime,

Am on a discussion with our Development on this. I will get back to you.

Thanks

Lokesh Sharma

jaime_dominguez
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Lokesh

Just waiting for your news.

Thanks!