cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delphi Components für Delphi 10 Seattle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo Herr Haslaman,

wann ist mit einer Unterstützung von Delphi 10 Seattle bei den ADS Delphi Components zu rechnen? Bisher hatte ich in der Feature Matrix gelesen, dass das mit ADS 12.0 passieren sollte. In der Doku von ADS 12 steht aber weiterhin nur Delphi XE8. Wir hoffen auch noch, dass die Unterstützung für Delphi 10 Seattle auch noch in der Version 11.1 nachgereicht wird, oder? Gibt es einen ungefähren zeitlichen Horizont...

Tschüss und bis bald

Hendrik Albat.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

HakanHaslaman
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hallo Herr Albat,

XE10 Unterstützung ist bereits für die Version 12.x und 11.10.x in Prozess und wird mit einem Service Release kommen.

(momentan gibt es noch keinen Release Datum dafür)

--

Hello Hendrik,

The support for XE10 is are already in process for the version 12.x and 11.10
.x and will come with a service release.
(there is no release date available currently)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

HakanHaslaman
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

0 Kudos

Hallo Herr Haslaman,

wir brauchen dringend die Unterstützung von Delphi 10 Seattle bei den ADS Delphi Components!

Wir kommen sonst nicht weiter. Wir benutzen ADS-Zugriff auch in Fastreport; auch hier kommen wir nicht weiter.

Bitte nennen Sie den ADS-Anwendern ein Zeitpunkt, mit dem wir rechnen können.

Danke im voraus

Bernd König

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo Herr Haslaman,

ich kann mich Herrn König nur anschließen!

Man darf ja auch den Eindruck haben, dass der Aufwand der Anpassung von XE8 auf 10 nicht zu groß sein dürfte.

Vielen Dank und bis bald

Hendrik Albat.

Former Member
0 Kudos

send me an email to likes2ssmtb@yahoo.com with subject of "ADS Delphi 10 Seattle" and I will email you back with a zip file attachment with the components/source that work for me within the next day.

Dropbox - Advantage11.10.0.24.zip

regards

Jim

HakanHaslaman
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

The engineering is already working for the XE10 support, which will be available for ADS Version 12.x and 11.10.x.

The plan is to release it asap, but we can't give currently a release date for this!

If I get any details about a release date, I will share it immediately.

0 Kudos

Hi Jim,

thank you for your zip-file.

I can compile it and when i want to install the design-package Delphi says: "Error: Package C:\Users\Public........AdsDXE10DStudio.bpl could not be loaded. The modul was not found"

This is definitely wrong! The bpl-file is really existing in this directoy and i have enough rights as Administrator.

Ma be, the error is that we use Windows 10 Pro.?!?

best regards

Bernd

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bernd,

I'm running Windows 10 and do not have an issue.

When I have issues similar to this, I usually search and delete all possible instances of the bpl to assure myself it doesn't exist anywhere on the drives for the IDE to load without me knowing it.  After I do that, I relaunch delphi and recompile.  Try that.

I know the frustration and like you have dealt with them since delphi was first released.  Upgrades are nice, but there is always a bit of pain that goes along with them.

Jim

0 Kudos

Hi Jim,

thank you for your tips.

We followed all of your advices and deleted all the *.bpl files without any success.

We also copied the*.bpl files to those folders Delphi itself is using and we modified the Project-Options accordingly - but then we are trying to install the package we still get the error message, that the adsdxe10dstudio.bpl cannot be found, although it is exactly in that folder signalized in the error message.

First we tried it within a virtual machine and meanwhile also in a new installed Win 10 Prof with a new installed Delphi 10 Pro.

It doesn't matter, in which environment we are trying to install the package, the error is still the same.

We also copied the *.dcp files to the folders where Delphi puts it *.dcp files ... but no changes!

So, we have no ideas any more - there must be some differences between your installation and our installation that are difficult to find ...

So it's urgently necessary, that SAP forces the finalization of the ADS for Delphi 10 !!!   

Or do you have another idea?

Best greetings from Hannover

Bernd

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any Updates?

We have finally converted all 1812 of our TadsQuery objects in our core application to FireDAC because we got tired of waiting for this to be updated.

We do have other projects i'd prefer to NOT convert to firedac.

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Just an FYI... I"m like you; a developer that uses ADS in my projects.  That being said, did you try the download I had posted?  I've been able to successfully use those components in Delphi XE10 Seattle.

When I upgraded to the maintenance release, I discovered a memory leak in adsdata.pase { TAdsDataSet.LocateRecord }.  The temp_poFields gets created, but never freed.  So, I added this as the last line of the method.

if temp_poFields <> nil then temp_poFields.Free;

I, too, considered using FireDac to not be held up when upgrading Delphi.  It often takes me close to a year to fully upgrade all my projects and by that time a new release of delphi is out.  It is a lot of work for a one man show.  I haven't moved to FireDac yet mainly because of the concerns of the unforeseen  short comings.

I'll try to help you install these components if you can provide me specific errors you are seeing.

Regards

Jim

HakanHaslaman
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

@Chris

If we get any update information from the engineering, I will let you asap know about it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Sorry for the delayed reply.. A lot of traveling lately!

I downloaded the dropbox attachment you posted and I still have the same issue others have that the BPL file can't be found.  I know for a fact it is there, and it is in no other folder.

All of my library paths seem fine.  Like many others, that is what i'm stuck on.

I had built my own package before using XE8 and the 'missing' bpl was my issue there before.  So nothing has really changed.

We have already done a test conversion to FireDAC, and it definitely works, but there is without a doubt a lot of 'tuning' that is involved in it.  I would LOVE to get the native components going.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Hakan,

I really need to get this sorted out soon!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have been successfully testing with the XE8 delphi components in XE10 Seattle. Be sure to find the adsdata.pas fix posted in this forum.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jim Gabriel,

did you mean: ??? I'm not sure with this.

Greetings from Papenburg, Germany
Gerit Freericks

0 Kudos

Hi Jim,

we also would like to install the ADS-Delphi-components into Delphi 10 Seattle, but it doesn't work out of the box. We downloaded the components from devzone.advantagedatabase.com version 11.10.0.24.

Could you please tell us how to install them?

Best greeting from Hannover/Germany

Bernd

joachim_drr
Contributor
0 Kudos

Should be similar to this: Dr.Bob Examines... #141: ADS and Delphi XE2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, the adsdata.pas file download is here: http://devzone.advantagedatabase.com/forum/upfiles/adsdata.zip

Former Member
0 Kudos
  1. In the TDataset folder, I created a directorry named : DelphiXE10, 
  2. In the DelphiXE10\win32\source folder I updated the adsdata.pas file.  This probably needs to be copied to both the win64\source folder as well, but I didn't do this at this time.
  3. I rename any file referencing another version of delphi with XE10.
  4. I update the content of any file renamed that references the other version of delphi to XE10.
  5. I open the project and recompile.
0 Kudos

Hi Joachim,

we tried it. We compiled the two bpl-Files and when we tried to install the design-package, but the following error occurs:

"Package: C:\Users\Public\Documents\........\adsdxe10dstudio.bpl kann nicht geladen werden.

Das angegebene Modul wurde nicht gefunden" 😞

But it exists ! We checked it more than one time!

Any solutions?

Bernd

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can attach the project that worked for me in Delphi 10 Seattle, but I don't see a way to attach a zip.

Jim