Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External ABAP call to Sharepoint using SAML and OAuth

Greg-55
Explorer
0 Kudos

I'm trying to make a REST call to a SharePoint system based on NTLM using either CL_HTTP_CLIENT or CL_REST_HTTP_CLIENT by authenticating via a SAML token. Does anyone know if this is possible or know of an example?

6 REPLIES 6

former_member38077
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Greg,

I have to fullfill a similar requirement. Did you succeed with your implementation? Could you give me some hints?

Regards, Thomas

0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

did you find a solution?

I got very similar requirements 😕

regards

Meex

0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

we finally implemented a SOAP consumer client but there are some problems to overcome:

1. our BW box is running on Linux and there was no easy way to get NTLM implemented

2. sharepoint offers different ways: REST based and SOAP based
the REST service (via listdata.svc) returns not the internal (and stable) column names but the descriptions

SOAP returns some sort XML which I was not able to parse with methods of class  /iwfnd/cl_sutil_odata_mapper.

The final solution looks roughly like this:

-create a consumer proxy

-call get_list_items service of sharepoint

-use class / interface if_ixml to create DOM object based on the XML stream

-parse the DOM object in order to convert into ABAP like structure

Best Regards, Thomas

0 Kudos

Thank you Thomas,

I will give it a try, by the way we are also using Linux 🙂

regards

Meex

0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

I created a Consumer Proxy, but I can't find a way to set the auth. method to SAML? I think it's not as easy as I'm thinking

May you have another hint for me

regards

Markus

0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

sorry for my late reply

in our implementation we changed the authentication method from NTLM to basic authentication as our os (linux) does not support NTLM without implementing additional linux packages.

please talk to your sharepoint admin, maybe there are both ways at the same time possible

please check also this link;