Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Handling Custom workflow with Z screen in My Inbox

Hi all,

We have integrated a custom workflow for PO approval process to My Inbox. The custom workflow is having the following tasks:

1. Approve/Release PO
  2. Reject PO
  3. Change Approver

The Approve/Release PO is working fine. But in case of Reject PO and Change Approver, the custom workflow is calling Z screens. Hence the task is not getting completed while called from My-Inbox.

We require the exact functionality of the custom workflow to be integrated to My-Inbox.

Please suggest any means to achieve this requirement.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Sobha S

Tags:
Former Member
Former Member replied

Hi all,

We have resolved the issue.

We extended the My Inbox and the screens for Reject PO and Change Approver is developed in UI5 and after entering the required details, on OK button the respective work items will be triggered and the details which are entered in these screen along with work id (Instance Id) will be passed to back-end through OData.

Since the SAP GUI call screen is called in the work item, the work item will be available in back-end in READY status. We have written the FM: SAP_WAPI_EXECUTE_WORKITEM in the OData itself to reprocess the work item and the coding in the work flow is slightly changed to by-pass the SAP GUI call screen in case the work item is executed via OData(this identifier is passed through Memory ID concept). Also the user entered details from My-Inbox are passed to the user entry fields in the SAP GUI screen with out calling the screen so that remaining process will continue with these values.

Luckily this approach worked for our scenario.

Thanks all for your valid inputs.

Regards

Sobha S

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question