Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to debug transaction posting to database?

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement to find where in a transaction the data is actually reflected into the database, ideally i need to find the insert/update statements that update the db table after all the processing is done, i have tried to breakpoint at statement insert dbtab or update dbtab and got nothing, i also tried the debugger scripts that should stop at change of db table and got nothing as well, is there any way i can find the part of code that actually does the updating in the database?

7 REPLIES 7

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you activate the debug in update task (*)

Regards,

Raymond

(*) ABAP Test and Analysis Tools : Debugger, New ABAP Debugger, Settings.

0 Kudos

yes tried it and it shows me code that occurs after commiting and during the update task itself not the actual sql statements that caused the update

0 Kudos

Hi AAS,

Let us know for which transaction you need the analysis, so that people can analyse and suggest some ideas.

Regards,

Surendra Gupta.

0 Kudos

NL10N in the IS-H industry

0 Kudos

during the update task itself not the actual sql statements

very strange, usually database update are processed during execution of some update task FM, are you sure, if yes provide more information.

Peter_Inotai
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You might try to activate SQL trace with ST05 and check where DB access is done.

Peter

0 Kudos

Thank you guys i was able to find the function by causing the update work process to crash by terminating the debugger during the update process and then checking tcode SM14 which contains info about the crashed update processes including the update function module that was executing