Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSAP_MAT_BOM_MAINTAIN is a "Not Released" - need alternate FM

chengalarayulu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Techies,

I've using the below FMs to manipulate BOM operations. But, noticed that they are not released for Customer.

I many of you might already overcome this, request you to provide the alternate solution for this.

CSAP_MAT_BOM_MAINTAIN

CSAP_MAT_BOM_READ

Regards,

Chengal

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

where did you find that they are not realeased for customers?

I've read the FB documentation and it seems to be ok.

Best regards!

Helena

0 Kudos

Hi,

I think from here:

Regards

0 Kudos

Hello,

you are right. The same status has the FB "CS_BOM_EXPL_MAT_V2" and it is being used a lot of times in the system..... I don´t know if this information is right always. 

Check please the FB: CSEP_MAT_BOM_READ. It is released.

I didn't found one to change.

Best regards

Helena

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have used CS_BOM_EXPL_MAT_V2 more than once .

From risk point of view there is a big difference between read and write operation .

What is SAP position about using unreleased write/update function ?

Regards.

p.s. If my memory does not fail me

mention some notes about this.

0 Kudos

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There are function modules that are unreleased that SAP recommend using. Essentially though, with all un-released function modules, use at your own risk. As stated, reads are unlikely to cause issues.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try and explore FM CSEP_MAT_BOM_SELECT_CHANGE. This FM is available in FG CSEP and is released, though I am not sure if this can give you desired result.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos

Thanks for all your replies..

But don't find any alternate.. could someone provide either class or sequential steps in case of table update/insert.