cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UWL Error-"You are not authorized to use transaction SWNWIEX"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

While opening a task from UWL from portal, iam getting "You are not authorized to use transaction SWNWIEX".  Attached the error screen shot.

Kindly let me know if any portal configuration need to be done for this error?

Regards,

Shiny

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

vengadesh_r
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Shiny,

Did you check TASK Launch configuration. is that maintained correctly for the Work item task you clicked ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vengadesh,

Can i know where i need to check that?

Regards,

Shiny

vengadesh_r
Explorer
0 Kudos

Whenever an workitem is clicked from UWL there should be a corresponding Webdynpro application, Tcode, iview or Function module etc.. has to be triggered. This will be done using SWFVISU Tcode.

In this tcode the dialog step task of the workflow will be configured with the corresponding application.
  Please check the workflow task has been configured or not. If not please configure with the correct application.

Other than that SWNWIEX is a standard tcode which will display workitem log which is irrelevant to the user. Instead of this standard Tcode you should show the corresponding application to the user.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vengatesh,

Thank you for the reply. Can i know the configuration of workflow task will be done against each user or how it will happen?

Regards,

Shiny

vengadesh_r
Explorer
0 Kudos

It is not against each user. It is against each workflow. the same configuration will be used by all the users.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vengadesh,

So here the issue is happening only for a particular user. Also i came to know that granting the transaction SWNWIEX authorization to user is not the correct way. So can you tell how can i solve this issue.

Regards,

Shiny

vengadesh_r
Explorer
0 Kudos

You mean to say for all the other users correct application is opening and for the particular user this error is showing up ?

Try cleaning the UWL cache and reregister the systems.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vengadesh,

Yes for particular user when he opens the task from UWL, this authorization screen comes. We reregistered the systems and cleared cache also. Then also it didnt help.

Regards,

Shiny

vengadesh_r
Explorer
0 Kudos

if it is particular user it may not be the issue with UWL config. You check and compare the user R/3 roles once.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vengadesh,

From SCN i came to know that SWNWIEX authorization should not be given to end user. So can i know any other role in SAP R/3 required for performing task from portal UWL.

Regards,

Shiny

roman_loshevsky
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shiny,
You need to grant permissions in the back-end system for this transaction for Portal user.

Use user login name in case of SSO or grant permissions for mapped user if user mapping used.

Regards,
Roman.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roman,

The below SCN thread describes that the SWNWIEX transaction should not be given to enduser.

https://scn.sap.com/thread/3313867

So then how i can fix this issue?

Regards,

Shiny