cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personalize Webdynpro Table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am using a Java WebDynpro table to display some data. The requirement that I have is to personalize the details of the table. The user should be able to add and remove columns from the table, and these details should be specific to every user.

Any pointers on how can we implement personalization on a WebDynpro table.

Many thanks in advance.

I promise to reward points for helpfull answers.

Regards,

Vivek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member189631
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

• Its Possible to personalize your webdynpro table.

*You can add/remove element by coding itself.

*Please go through this Link,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/0e/23b3c8b0a238439f664f73a04e6332/content.htm

Regards,

Ram.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

abhijeet_mukkawar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

for that you gotta get into dynamic coding

check out this thread, surely it will solve your problem

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for the help.

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharathwaj ,

Thanks. Ctrl + right clicked worked in a WebDynpro iview.

However ideally I would like to have a "Personalize" hyperlink and when a user clicks on that the same, a window should open which I get with CTRL + right click.

Would you have an idea -

1. Which application gets called when we do CTRL + right click. I can call the same application on the link click.

2. Can I trigger keyboard evens using WebDynpro. I can then programatically trigger CTRL + right click .

Eagerly awaiting your resopnse.

Thanks again,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am not sure what component would be called.. But for your application , may be u can write a custom component.. which scans all UI elements in the tree.. and displays it .. with visibilty yes or no..! CTRL + Click woul not work .. Maybe u can call this component on click of that personalize link

Keyboard events are not possible currently in webdynpro..

Regards

Bharathwaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Which version of portal are you using ? In case of Nw2004s , you can CTRL + Mouse right click .

It would give you options to personalize the screen..

If its for lower versions , create some custom parameter for user profile and use this store these values.. or use a property file and write the user logged in with his table settings..

Regards

Bharathwaj