Did you mean: 

Overtime Calculation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Can someone please tell me where overtime rate gets calculated

Scenario:

AS-IS

For Biweekly payroll(07/12/2015 - 07/25/2015) - there is a split in Base Salary in week 1

Week 1:

Basic pay for 07/12/2015- 07/15/2015 =  25.59/hr   34 (no of hrs worked)  34*25.59 = 870.06

Basic pay for 07/12/2015- 07/15/2015 =  28.03/hr      6 (no of hrs worked)  6*28.03 = 168.18

Total Salary = 1038.24

Overtime hours Worked = 12 hrs.

Overtime Rate Calculation : Total Salary for 1st week/ Planned Working hours = 1038.24/40 = 25.956*1.5 = 38.934/hr

can anyone please tell me where ( Total Salary for 1st week/ Planned Working hours) is getting calculated as i have to replace planned Working time with actual Working Time for OT calculation.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Thanks for your responses..

But I figured out Overtime calculation is happening in RGRTE function by taking inputs on how it should be processed from processing class 85 of the overtime WT.. I have changed the PC 85 as 3.. now the calculation is happening as expected..

Thanks

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In your example you have mentioned same week details two times in two different rate or these two rate's are different. Please explain once again.

Can you share the PARTA table details for the 1st week payroll run log.

Regards,

Sankarsan

Former Member
0 Kudos

oh sorry below are the correct dates

Basic pay for 07/12/2015- 07/15/2015 =  25.59/hr   34 (no of hrs worked)  34*25.59 = 870.06

Basic pay for 07/16/2015- 07/18/2015 =  28.03/hr      6 (no of hrs worked)  6*28.03 = 168.18

Total Salary = 1038.24

PFA PARTA Table screenshot

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ok,that means you would like to,replace 40 hours with 25.59+6=31.59 . Am I correct?.. If its correct then tell me how are you captured these hours in payroll schema.

Tell me your process details about hours flow to payroll schema while executing payroll for an employee. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

No i want to replace 40hrs(planned working hours) with actual hours which is

34 hrs +6 hrs +12 hrs(OT) in the overtime rate calculation

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ok. Now tell me how these hours are transferred to payroll from time management .

I think its moved from time management to payroll  .So share the Zl table details from time management log or function P2010 output table details.

Regards,

Sankarsan    

Former Member
0 Kudos

please find below ZL table details

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

You have to do it in the time management site.

What is your time evaluation period? Is it matched with payroll period?

Are you evaluating from Sunday to Saturday???

Regards,

Sankarsan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response  Sankarsan Dey,

Yes time evaluation period is in sync with payroll period

and we are evaluating it from sunday to saturday

Regards,

Rehan

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1st Check if suppose your payroll period say 08 and same time when you will be running time evaluation for that period it's also same period 08.

That means time evaluation period will be equal to payroll period. Once it's done then you can build  the below logic in the time evaluation.

Process Logic:-

Create a one time wage type which will store the actual working hours and overtime hours upto 1st week of the time evaluation period.

Whatever amount is getting updated to wage type 2000 and 2101 it should be updated to this new time wage type XXXX.

Once it will reach to weekend then it will be stop to added to new wage type XXXX and as well as nit for the next week(you can add upto next 5day's once system on the 6day then it will not be added).

So end of the time evaluation period you can get the details of 1st week wage type 2000 & 2101 amount will be transferred to wage type XXXX.

Then in the payroll section you will calculate overtime rate by this wage type XXXX which is stored 1st week actual working hours and overtime hours.

Think and design this in the time management system with PCR and then redesigned the Payroll PCR of overtime calculation rate with the help XXXX wage type.

Regards,

Sankarsan

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you know how to configure V_T510S table, If yes configure V_T510S for actual hours and over time accordingly system generates the wage types XXXX, YYYY.

Later at the end of the period in payroll with the help of generated wage types Query the required components and pass it to the output table.

This is one of the ways of doing it, you start configre system while doing if you face any challenges let us know we suggest accordingly.

Regards

Venkatesh