cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer data between subscribed HTML5 Apps in HCP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi HCP and UI5 experts,

I have been playing around lately quite a bit with the functionalities of HANA Cloud Platform and I meet the following problem when suscribing my HTM5 applications from the main account to a subaccount.

I created an executable application lets call it "Fiori_App" and a no executable application "Fiori_lib" which contains common methods and data for future executable applications.

To execute "Fiori_App" we need to register the path from "Fiori_lib" before calling it:

jQuery.sap.registerModulePath("path.fiori_lib", "/sap/fiori/Fiori_lib");

And then we call an especific js file, for example:

jQuery.sap.require("path.fiori_lib.util.Utils");

Here is where the problem begins, normally if the destinations are configured in the HCP account and in the neo-app.json this call works just fine, which is the case in the main account. But when I create a new subaccount, I suscribe the applications and I create the destination in the subaccount, the call returns an error 500 (internal server error) when I try to call Utils.js.

I do not know where to problem could be. Maybe the path is different for subscribed Apps?? Or is it a problem from HCP??

If someone could give a me hand here, I will be gratefull. Thanks in advance.

The destinations are configured as follows:

Main account:

PropertyValue
Name:lib_local
Type:HTTP
URL:https://Fiori_lib-mainacoount.dispatcher.hana.ondemand.com/
Proxy Type:Internet
Authentication:AppToAppSSO

Use default JDK truststore set to true

Subaccount:

PropertyValue
Name:lib_local
Type:HTTP
URL:https://Fiori_lib-subaccount.dispatcher.hana.ondemand.com/
Proxy Type:Internet
Authentication:AppToAppSSO

Use default JDK truststore set to true

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To access static resources from another HTML5 application (or subscription) you don't need to work with destinations. you can just define a path in your neo-app.json which points to the referenced html5 application. See also https://help.hana.ondemand.com/help/frameset.htm?152cb759db2842db9851d404167d40bc.html

Best Regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply Martin.

When I define the path in neo-app.json it works, but I would like to work with destinations to make it easier for our customers to configure. Theoretically should also be possible.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can do this, but it will add quite some performance penalty, as an additional request has to be executed on the server.

Have you checked the log file of your subscription for any errors? Keep in mind that app2appSSO works only in the context of the same account, which means if your application is called with something like app-subaccount.*, the URL in the destination must use the same account, like lib-subaccount.*

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no errors in the log and the URL are using the same account, but still not working .

We still get the 500 error.

Answers (0)