Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass data run for Sales Quote to create external document

A-J-S
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a requirement where I need to make the Sales Quotes which are submitted to create the external follow up document using background job which runs periodically.

I plan to create a custom BO and fetch the sales quotes with submitted status and trigger the action EH_CreateECCSalesOrder for the quotes.

EH_CreateECCSalesOrder is the action getting triggered when you request for creating Inquiry in ECC.

I need to link the sales quote and the action so that the even will trigger the interface to ECC.

Anyone has got any idea how it can be achieved or any other approach I can take ? 

Thanks,

Ajith.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In 1508, the workflow engine supports "scheduled batch jobs". You can define a condition and the action can be a standard BO action or header field update on the BO, and instead of on create or update of the BO, it can be at a point in time in the future.

The quote has a standard BO action to create submit the quote to ERP.  we are planning to support calling custom SDK actions on standard BOs

A-J-S
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rei,

Thanks for the reply.

Any document or thread to make the workflow engine to schedule batch jobs ?

Currently i am using below code to trigger the standard action to create inquiry in ECC and it is working.

Code is getting triggered from a customer BO which is created just for supporting this functionality.

foreach(var Quotes in resultData)

{

Quotes.RequestSalesOrderRequest();

}

Ajith.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to activate/configure the notification framework on your custom BO. On the standard BOs this framework is already available in most common standard BOs.

Once you do this the workflow engine is available to do real-time synchronous (before save) or batch-job asynchronous (a point in time in the future)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rei,

Are you suggesting in this scenario to use standard workflow on Quote to trigger Sales Order / Inquiry request creation at the back of Quote?

If yes, I could not find any way to trigger the action RequestSalesOrderRequest on Quote from the workflow. The workflow only supports these rule types

1) E-mail

2) Notification

3) Field Update

4) Messaging

Thanks and Regards,

Sandeep