Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Load object by a yellow arrow

Hello Forum,

I have extended a Service Contract with a TextEdit. In this Textedit is a newly created attribute shown.

I have added a DataBind to this Textedit:

NewTextEdit.DataBind = DataBind.CreateNew();

NewTextEdit.DataBind.SetBind(true, "U_MyAtt", "OCTR");

Now I create a new Service Contract in B1. I write a number (123) in this field and save the Service Contract. If I look into OCTR table, the new attribute has the value 123 in the correct row. I con go to the next Service Contract and back. The number 123 appears again. But now if I click the yellow arrow in the Service Call form, the Service Contract Form doesnt load with the number 123. Now I can go to the next SC and back, now the number appears again. What is the difference between loading by the arrow and loading "normaly"?

(Other UserDeff attributes for a Combobox Item worked on the same form. No events are running that could delete the content of the TextEdit.)

Thanks

Mark

Edit: After loading the Service Contract by the yellow arrow, the form is in update mode and not as expected in ok mode. If I add a second txt that shows the same DB attribute, both are set to 0.00 instead of showing 123.

Strange: If I save the 0.00 to DB and reload the Service Contract by the yellow arrow, then the forms loads into OK mode. Some function seems to set 0.00 into the TextEdit boxes.

Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question