Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating Custom fields in VL01N using BAPI

Hi Everyone,

I have to create a delivery for a particular Sales Order using BAPI. The Problem is every standard fields could be updated using BAPI, but some of the fields present in header details of VL01N are customised which I don't know how to update using BAPI. I need to update those custom fields using BAPI.

Kindly help me in this regard.

Thanks & Regards,

Jai.

2 REPLIES 2

former_member200027
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Jai,

Let's take BAPI_OUTB_DELIVERY_CREATE_SLS for example.
In this BAPI, parameter EXTENSION_IN can be used to transfer additional data.
Then we can use BAdI BADI_DLV_CREATE_SLS_EXTIN to read parameter EXTENSION_IN of the BAPI.

In BAPI_OUTB_DELIVERY_CREATE_SLS there is a call badi which you can use:

(...)
*   Read ExtensionIn
    get badi lr_badi_in.
    call badi lr_badi_in->additional_input
(...)

You need to implement
Enhancement spot:  ES_SAPVL50I_BADI
BADI:  BADI_DLV_CREATE_SLS_EXTIN
Method:  ADDITIONAL_INPUT

In order to store your data in a global memory (ex: global data of a custom function group). You will then be able to read this global memory from an implementation of BADI: LE_SHP_DELIVERY_PROC,
Method: SAVE_DOCUMENT_PREPARE, for further processing.

This is just a general information, you still need to discuss this in detail with your developer regarding how to do this to meet your requirement, based on your business requirement and the system situation.

You may also have a look at following note if your system release is in SAPKH60005 or higher.

949074 - BAPIs for generating outbound deliveries

Hope I was able to help with above information.

Best regards,

Crystal Lin

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Moved from SAP ERP SD Sales to ABAP Development