cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Crystal report 13 with Powerbuilder 11.5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am trying to use crystal report 13 with PowerBuilder 11.5. All the documentation that I found online uses the following code to connect to crystal report runtime.

oleobject CRXApplication

oleobject CRXReport

CRXApplication = Create OLEObject

if CRXApplication.ConnectToNewObject("CrystalRunTime.Application")=0 then

CRXReport = create OLEObject

CRXReport.SetAutomationpöointer(CRXApplication.Openreport("d:\temp\test.rpt"))

end if

But I installed crystal report 13 runtime and there is no such classname as CrytalRuntime.Application. ConnectToNewObject is returning -2. I also checked in registry there are a lot of classname for CrystalReports but none for CrystalRunTime.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member202249
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

Starting with Crystal Reports 2011 there is no longer an OCX included with Crystal Reports. With PB Classic, if that is what you are using, the only way to run with Crystal Reports is if there is an OCX.

Crystal Reports can be used in a PB.NET application, info in the link below.

Pat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Patricia,

I have installed crystal reports 13 on my PC and in PowerBuilder when I go to insert an OLE control it shows me following crystal report controls. So I am not sure how they are showing up if the OCX is not included and how I can use it.

I inserted the report viewer as shown below, but I didn't find any function in it to load the rpt file.

Thanks,

Ankur Patel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur;

FYI:

Crystal Reports Viewer Download

Hopefully, the older Viewer will work with CR v13

HTH

Regards ... Chris

former_member202249
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Ankur and Chris,

Interesting as customers have told us that the newer versions of Crystal Reports no longer include the COM object (RDC in the link below) that the code example you have above uses. 

Here is an old Crystal Report document that described using the COM object that has been removed according to the above link in the version you are using.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/boc/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/00d5e891-cb1d-2b10-93a1-d6cf33e01...

I am not sure what the object you are using is but you might want to post something in the Crystal Reports forum for clarification.

Pat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur;

I would suggest that yo use the RegEdit utility and search the MS-Windows registry for the key "Crystal" and see what you can locate. I am wondering if the newer Crystal Report Writer registers itself as an OLE Server via another slightly different name?

Regards ... Chris