cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email failed to send out when try to run the test mode in publication

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I created a new publication and try to use the test mode with dynamics recipients to test the email but the email failed to send out with the an error message (as per attached).

I also checked in Internet to get solution from other post but the solution is not work for me. I had tried to add the destination with my email details in my job server and I had double checked my email password is correct.

Please kindly advise.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have resolved this issue by reinstall the SIA.

Thank you.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member185603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you check if your BO server is talking to email server? Check below link how to test.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-44785

2056277  - Publication job failed when the dynamic recipients contain external email a...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the testing that suggested is not work for me and I try the testing in my old environment and new environment, both also not working but one thing strange is that my old environment have no issue at all when I try to run the test mode in the publication. Only the new environment happen the issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Choon,

Have you configured the same SMTP host on the other BO server?(Where the test mode is working fine).

~SwapnilY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, I set the same SMTP setting in my new environment. I suspect it is go thru third party software because the SMTP services is stopped.

BTW, I have delete the job server and how I create it back because I found no job server in the services list.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Choon,

Please follow the steps below to create new Adaptive Job Server.

- Login to CMC.

- Go to Servers->Manage->New->New Server->Service Category(Core Services)->Publication Scheduling Service->Next.

- Select the required services from the list of available additional services(You can select all services too)->Provide Server Name->Create.

~SwapnilY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thank you for the guide and I manage to setup the new job server. unfortunately this did not help much. I have installed a third party software for the SMTP which it is similar with my old environment but here is the problem where I have no problem to schedule and send email when I do this on the report. But when I create a publication, error prompted when I schedule the report.

Error message: Waiting for distribution job to complete. Job ID: XXX, name:scopebatch:XXXX, kind:ScopeBatch in pending state (FBE60037) [0 recipients processed]

thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Choon,

Please follow the KBA 2127813.

~SwapnilY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Choon,

What is the BO version, you are using?

Could you please share the screenshots for the email destination settings?

For how many dynamic users you are trying to schedule this publication?

What is the Operating System where the BO is installed?

~SwapnilY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using BO 4.1 SP6 and installed under windows server 2012 R2 standard edition. I only run the test mode with dynamics recipients, so I only use one user for the testing. below is the screenshot for the email destination setting: