Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to change ERNAM in MEMASSSA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

can we change ERNAM field through Mass maintenance, MEMASSSA

I tried to change and got the success message as follows with green traffic light  but there is no change in field, we are on EHP7 617 Release

Changes have been saved

Message no. M&105

Diagnosis

No messages were issued by the application when the changes were saved. You can therefore assume that the changes implemented successfully.

Please help me to understand why SAP give success message, if field is not changed.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ERNAM is the field which is showing who created this document. It is not possible to change the value of this field. It is updated only by SAP with the user id (who creates the document) when a document got created.

The same is applicable for AEDAT field.

For more details please look into this KBA document 2038763 - Why can certain fields not be changed using transaction MEMASSPO, or which fields can be c...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Dev for your input,

If the fields were not changeable then why SAP gives success message

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP has not foreseen to update those fields, hence their update is excluded based on the function module, so it is not a technical error that could make the messages from  MEMASSSA red.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

michael_kozlowski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ERNAM is one of the basics to audit activities in the system. Therefore it is not changable at all.

kunal_ingale
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello ,

Why you need to change this field?

the ERNAM field cant be changed in MEMASS as its a system updated field, MEMASS is used only to change the fields in mass which you can change in ME22N.

your Auditor wont like to see the change log for ERNAM field as its business critical too.

you can try with some BADI BAPI or Abap program , but i wont recommend to change this field data as far its not VERY CRITICAL.

thanks

kUnal