Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Absence Quotas

sami_ullah2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I deducted the employee Annual leave by mistake, but later the employee submit the Casual leave. How to correct the leave balance.

Do I need to correct it through IT2013?

Helpful answers will be appreciated.

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

Not an issue you can delete that record from IT2001.

Go to IT2001, then go to overtime view then select wrong entry line and then click on the delete button.

Regards,

Sankarsan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi sankarsan ,

what is meant by overtime view in IT2001 from pa30 where can we check this view ?

sami_ullah2
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Sankarsan Dey,

Actually if i do so, the system will calculate retro, which the client don't want.

Please consider the scenario below.

An employee avail the causal leave in Aug and the end user deduct his/her annual leave by mistake. At the end of the year, lets say in December, the employee came to correct the quota that he availed his Casual leave instead of Annual leave. In this case, if i delete the record from IT2001, the system will calculate the retro from Aug.

sami_ullah2
Participant
0 Kudos

You can check this by Shift+F8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sami,

See both are paid leaves right. you can delete the wrong entry and correct the abs type. To not process to retro you can delete the retro periods in PU03 of the Employee. then system will not run the retro from august month on-wards.

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Its a typing mistake. It would be overview.

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok.

Since you can see that both are paid leave. If you will not do any changes then it will be show as a mismatch between two quotas value and user will be in a dilemma about his quota.

So if you will change in the quota value by deleting and updating new quota it will trigger to retro but it will not bring any mismatch amount or retro amount for current period. Overall quota amount will be correct in system as well,as user will be in clear picture.

Explain in this way fo client.

Regards,Sankarsan

sami_ullah2
Participant
0 Kudos

At the end of the year, remaining annual leaves are encashed but the casual leaves are elapsed.

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If it's so then you have to for retro since it's required to make quota correct.

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What you do is create 2 more absence types to handle such cases and according to the requirement configure a counting rule and decide that whether to assign it to absence type i.e annual leave is deducted but now it should be replaced and added to existing quota so that it can be encashed in such cases maintain absence type but quota should not get deducted it should get added with number of absence days.

Similarly Casual leave it is not deducted since maintain it accordingly it gets deducted from casual leave.

Further more consider payroll calculations as well.

What we can suggest is some how we can adjust with work arounds.

Regards

Venkatesh